duplicate track

you can duplicate a track by project/duplicate....from what I heard... that gives you a clone right below it. Same midi data..,no? and then you can change the instrument on the new track, yes??? or no..

Just right click on the track name and select 'duplicate track'. Pretty sure that works like audio track, with midi track also...

Let me just make sure i understand correct.

Do you want to be able to control two virtual instruments with one midi channel, or have two instrument tracks but control them with one midi controller/keyboard? Or, the third option, play/record on one instrument track and duplicate that to another instrument track after the fact? All three these can be done easy.

Also, what version of Cubase are you using?

would you have both Halion and Kontakt going on separate tracks in the same song..?

Yes. Like you said in the first post, just change the instrument assigned to the track. You got it correct.

Why are we making this hard? Right click, duplicate track. WHATEVER the track type is, MIDI, audio track VSTi a duplicate appears that can be edited differently. It's an everyday feature for most of us, as is holding the alt key and click dragging a track - again, if you drag to empty space, a new track happens, or as I do often for layering, I duplicate the track to get identical settings - pan, sends, eq inserts etc, then dump the track contents, then drag something else into it. These basic actions are really important.

Why are we making this hard? Right click, duplicate track. WHATEVER the track type is, MIDI, audio track VSTi a duplicate appears that can be edited differently. It's an everyday feature for most of us, as is holding the alt key and click dragging a track - again, if you drag to empty space, a new track happens, or as I do often for layering, I duplicate the track to get identical settings - pan, sends, eq inserts etc, then dump the track contents, then drag something else into it. These basic actions are really important.

Forum member 682 is just going through the steps of wondering how it all works.

It can be daunting at first. Been there myself.

It does become second nature after a while. Then it about finding that the software is not the hard part. It is the performance and the setting/room/instruments that makes the big differences.

Like shampoo bottle instructions: lather, rinse, repeat...

It's a steep learning curve for sure. Especially when concepts are new to you. For me, that would also be the subtleties of MIDI. I use only EZDrummer and all I do is throw it in a track and call it good. Midi-wise, that is.

The one thing that irks me is when people do not show appreciation for the help they receive here.

Duplicate is definitely the easiest otherwise create the two instrument tracks, make sure the midi input is set to your keyboard/controller for both and arm both. Midi played through both vsti's in at the same time.

Back