Dongle Crack for SX 2

In your esteemed opinion, do you think that Hector is;

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"why write if you can't help?"

Why would I willingly help a person commit a crime?

"..just cause I don't feel like paying extortionist prices to make my music, I don't know shit about it."

There are several other products on the market that fit your price range. Do you steal porches for a living? Just because you know how to drive it, doesn't give you the right to steal it.

"I'm a music production student and I need it at home to WORK..."

You school doesn't provide the facilities for you to book time and work with the product? Does music production only teach you the fundamentals of this one product? Can you not learn the same techniques and fundamentals of music production from a package that you have the funds to afford?

"I pay for my tuition fees which allows my college to get the licence for it."

That gives your school the right to legally possess a copy of the software. It also funds the teacher's salary, the facility that you attend, and the lights that illuminate the room. Can you pick your desk up and take it home with you? By your logic, it's fine. Just tell the teacher your stealing it because you don't have a desk at home and you already payed your tuition...

"I'm busting my ass off already just to pay my rent"

Why? You've already proved you have the ability to blatently steal what you want, just because you think the world owes you something. Why don't you just break into an empty apartment and camp out there for awhile? It's just a faceless corporation that owns the apartment building. What would it matter to them?

"I really resent all you critics and judges of character based on a simple request for your help..."

Your a fucking thief. Who gives a shit what you resent. You have no character. I couldn't trust you in my house or around my stuff. As far as I know, you may want it and steal it.

"I seemed to think I had found a site where a musician's budget would be considered"

You have. What's your price range? There are other products that allow you to accomplish similar tasks with a smaller budget.

"...mommy and daddy couldn't afford to buy me a toy..."

It's not a toy.

"...I had to make do with my resources by ripping off a giant faceless corporation..."

Your resources? Hey! Good idea. You could live a carefree life, with everything in the world, if you just used your resources to aquire what you need from big faceless companies. Ford, General Mills, Walmart, etc..

"I cracked it anyway, pretty simple to do really."

Good for you. You've openly admitted on a public forum that you have stolen a copyrighted and trademarked product. Brilliant. Don't you deserve a medal.

You've reduced yourself to a two bit thief because you don't have the fortitude to work for what you want. I could give two shits less whether or not your working your ass off to pay rent while your in school. Waa you fucking baby. Go somewhere else if you want a pity party on how rough your life is. Your in college, you have a roof over your head. In my book, that makes you one of the lucky ones.

You want a challenge? Try raising a kid, pulling down a mortgage, two car payments, boat payment, studio gear and software, stay at home wife, constant travel, 10-12 hours a day in the office, 12 - 18 when i'm out of town, the increasing price of gas, taxes, tuition for my wife, saving for retirement and my child's education, part-time recording studio.... oh yea. I'm feeling for ya..

If your tuition fees allow your college to pay for the license, then why do you need a crack ? Shouldn't the college give you a licensed copy ?

Besides that there are usually Student prices available for most software.

Your argument, like most other arguments for stealing software, is lame..If you can't understand that coming on to a recording bbs asking for cracks so you can steal software that the rest of us pay for is going to piss off a few people, then you need more education than you thought, dickwad... :confused: :mad:

www.academicsuperstore.com

Oh man, and what's even better is that he should have just gone to the store and tried to steal Cubase there. Because if he gets caught there then he gets charged with shoplifting. If you get caught with in cracked and on your comp you will get copyright infringement along with many other things that are much worse. I don't understand that personally. I think that the person who downloads it should get charged with shoplifting or the guy who walks out of the store with it should be charged with copyright infringement as well as shoplifting. I think walking out of the store is a more serious crime. (that's just me though)

Blind Cowboy... you were doing great till the part where you said he had no character. He has character, its probably just not one that you appreciate :D

Hector_Osbert said:
But seriously. I am enjoying the full benefits of Cubase SX 2. For completely free. Now could someone explain what a midi file is?
Good luck getting help with your questions, shit-for-brains........... :rolleyes:

Character?

To Oscar:

This is a prime example of people who like to think of themselves as good enough to judge character simply because they agree with obeying a redundant law, as if they have never broken a law before in their lives.
If obeying laws made you good enough, there woudn't have been a need for Christ.
Obviously, theyve become so full of themselves, that instead of showing good character and encouraging you, they think mocking you and saying what good law abiding citizens they are will change the fact that you can't afford something you would like, which is the reason for your post in the first place.
Personally, I believe that if you can afford it, then you should buy something (including this program), especially if you will be using it to make money in the future. But I can't blame you for wanting to learn the program and am however sympathetic to your situation. I can't consider copyright infringment in this case stealing (according to the definiton of stealing...sharing and stealing are 2 different things regardless of what the EULA's say), but if at all possible, you should do the best you can to buy a legitimate copy if you will be using it to make money someday.

From Hector_Osbert:

"Hey guys, you all paid your dough for this software, can you tell me how I can subvert the protection in place and get it free?"

How in the hell do you think a roomfull of people would react?

You say you are a student? Get a student license.

Anteares said:
To Oscar:

This is a prime example of people who like to think of themselves as good enough to judge character simply because they agree with obeying a redundant law, as if they have never broken a law before in their lives.
If obeying laws made you good enough, there woudn't have been a need for Christ.
Obviously, theyve become so full of themselves, that instead of showing good character and encouraging you, they think mocking you and saying what good law abiding citizens they are will change the fact that you can't afford something you would like, which is the reason for your post in the first place.
Personally, I believe that if you can afford it, then you should buy something (including this program), especially if you will be using it to make money in the future. But I can't blame you for wanting to learn the program and am however sympathetic to your situation. I can't consider copyright infringment in this case stealing (according to the definiton of stealing...sharing and stealing are 2 different things regardless of what the EULA's say), but if at all possible, you should do the best you can to buy a legitimate copy if you will be using it to make money someday.

This is still a asinine statement. If you can't afford something it's ok to steal it according to your argument. Just utterly asinine..

When are people like you and Hector going to realize that stealing is stealing regardless of if it is a car, a guitar or a piece of software.

Go away.

What's even more pathetic is that you can get recording software for free.

Why the fuck even bother trying to crack software, putting your computer at risk, when you can go to www.fasoft.com and get a free, clean, fully functional (or at least functional enough for most people, particularly newbies) copy of recording software. If you feel the need to steal software, then you probably don't have the recording skills or gear to use software that might be more user friendly. Not to even mention that there is no difference in sound quality between software programs, at least to any person's ears that is on a low budget to begin with. Even if your excuse is that your soundcard didnt come with software, then either your soundcard sucks anyway, so you might as well save for a decent card that comes bundled with software, or you can just bide your time until you can afford it, using something like N-Track.

There is absolutely no logical, ethical, or musical reason whatsoever for stealing software. Period.

Lives needed?

You people have way too much free time...I wish I could be bothered to answer each and every one of your posts...I have so much I could say...yet that would make me as sad as you dinosaurs. Face it. I come from a generation where bootlegging is standard. Can you all honestly say you've never EVER used kazaa or any file sharing program to obtain any free music? I'm using a hacked version of Windows, running on a free internet line my housemate obtains from us cause he works for an internet service provider. I don't care about the ethics in this case, I'm not out there stealing shit off the street, I'm downloading stuff I would never dream of paying for in the first place, even if there was no free way to get it, therefore its at no loss to Steinberg, cause either way they would have gotten zilch from me. Before you get your knickers in a twist about that comment and try and morally educate me (my own mother uses Kazaa for Chrissakes...), I just wanna say...bottom line, I don't care about your bullshit morality/legality drama cause I just want to make music...If I couldn't use all these programs, then I would just go back to strumming on my guitar. Don't lose perspective. You're all proud of your setups cause of your seemingly limitless capabilities to create music (or at least you should be). Chill out. I'm not the apocalypse. I would respect you all very much if this post could be the end to this thread, and my most unfortunate mistake of asking the wrong crowd for help.

PS- Obviously my sarcasm was lost to a lot of you when I asked what a midi file was. Don't feel bad though. You've all made my day that slight bit more amusing for me (only very slightly though).

I personally don't care to have your respect, but I am 19 and I am sure we are from the same generation so please don't include me in your stereotypes, and don't try to speak for me or the rest of "your generation." Thank you.

I'm a 19 year old (Penniless) physics student and I findthis arguement is a very a very interesting one.

I used to use an incredibly unstable cracked copy of Cubase VST, until I forked out £400 and something to get a legit copy 2 and a half years ago - making Cubase THE most expensive part of my signal chain. If I could've saved that money, would I? Yes. I was working 8:30-4 at school, plus extra after school work to pass the exams, then working my weekends and some evenings in a shitty job to pay for my equipment.

I am now a Physics student with even less time and money, but I still saved enough to pay out for a second-hand copy of Cubase SX2 - out of a student loan intended to get me through the next 10 weeks. I am now getting by on £10 a week for commodities (ie, after halls fees, food, tuition fee's). Would Steinberg be proud? I don't know - I hope not. Has it been worth it over using a cracked copy? I don't know, but I do wonder a lot. And that is my most important point. Was it worth the expense for me? What can I spend £10 a week on? Jack shit. It gets me milk for coffee, a few beers and its gone.

I can sympathise with your situation, its not right, but the world isnt right. I hope you enjoy the product you have. I am enjoying Cubase and recording, but living like a Gypsie because of it. Did I do the right thing?

Well I say good for you Neil. It's not like it's just students that are suffering after putting out hundreds or thousands on software/hardware, it's all of us. I have bills, I have a new house a wife a car etc...Before you feel sorry for me ( :D ) the point is we all have to deal with the income that we have and we're all broke from spending money on gear that we probably shouldn't have bought but really wanted. If I can't afford that Neve console that the major studio down the road uses, I don't go out and steal it just because I think it's about the music !

Everyone has to make their own choices and find their own concept of "what's right".......... the problem is when they post nonsense insisting that everyone else is "stupid" for having a proper value system in place.

The only thing that's heartening about morons like Hector here, is that while they may be using stolen s/w, they're usually the type of people who couldn't turn out a respectable-sounding product anyways, whether they paid for it or not...

I personally find the argument that "I wouldn't have bought it anyway since it is so expensive, so therefore I'm not ripping off the company" to be just plain silly.

If you use something without paying for it, it is always stealing. If you wouldn't have bought it anyway, then DON'T USE IT!

Yes...this is all very nice and stuff...but if I may pose a practical question at this point...WHAT THE HELL IS A DONGLE?!!! :mad:

If it's what I think it is...I would hate to have a crack in mine. :(

:D

Personally I don't see what the big deal is (besides the legal issue...and I'm sure no one here has ever done anything illegal...right?)

I pay for my stuff...If someone uses cracked software because they can't afford a legit copy, I don't feel ripped off or that it's unfair.

Let's face it...the software isn't expensive because everyone's ripping it off...it's expensive because software makers know they can make big bucks on it (Kinda like CD's...are they really worth $17.99? No...that's why the used market is kicking ass.)

The fact of the matter is...I would rather have some poor kid using cracked software and using his/her time constructively than holding me up at gunpoint for my wallet, getting strung out on crank or falling in with the wrong crowd. Now some of you may live in white-picket-fence-ville and think that notion is absurd, but in case you haven't noticed...the whole world isn't full of loving, supportive parents who who dole out the cash like it was Kleenex every time little Billy decides he wants to try a new hobby.

I don't know about many of you, but in the neighborhood I grew up in, those were your options...music (arts), sports, drugs or gangs. Not a lot of ivy leaguers in my neck of the woods. Of course when I was a kid you could get signed with a casette demo.

Now if you're a loser who has the ability to pay and you're using cracked software for more than a trial period to see if you want to buy it, then you should get a firm kick in the balls.

Besides...most people who take their art seriously end up buying the software and hardware they need when the do have the money...they won't use cracks forever. If it helps someone get their start I say more power to them.

Hector_Osbert said:
I'm stealing cars I would never dream of paying for in the first place, even if there was no free way to get them, therefore its at no loss to the owners of the cars, cause either way they would have gotten zilch from me.

See how stupid you sound.

HangDawg said:
See how stupid you sound.

Personally I think it sounds more stupid to equate car theft with software piracy, but to each his own.

It's like comparing firecrackers to A-Bombs...yeah...they both explode...but which one would you rather have go off in your back yard?

Enron_Hubbard said:
Personally I think it sounds more stupid to equate car theft with software piracy, but to each his own.

It's like comparing firecrackers to A-Bombs...yeah...they both explode...but which one would you rather have go off in your back yard?

So, you saying there are different levels of theft(other than monetary)? Sort of a "Theft Scale" if you will. And someone has placed software lower on the theft scale than cars. So then, people who use pirated software are lesserthiefs. Hmmmmm interesting.

Why ? The whole point that everyone has been trying to make is that it is no different than stealing a car, a chocolate bar, whatever.

Who cares if people think it's an outdated law (which it isn't).

The big deal is that theft of software is recovered in the price of the software. It takes more resources and time to develop software that isn't as easy to crack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back