cutting (splitting?) midi and loss of info

Opivy

Nova Police
Well, I'm trying to clean up my playing and make sure that I come in exactly at the seventh bar (simple bass line)

So, It seems I've come in a little bit early - and decide I can just snap to grid (or even without) and just snip away the tiny bit that was early.

When I cut it though, it deletes everything (not so much deletes, The "Midi info" bar is still there, but no longer has lines representing the notes I've played) for about a good half of a measure.

I find this extremely strange and have can't wrap my mind around it - the info on the left "cutted if you will" side, is left intact. but on the right, it's as if some of it just get's lost.

Is this something that could do with my settings? It doesn't happen with audio -

Well, I'm trying to clean up my playing and make sure that I come in exactly at the seventh bar (simple bass line)

So, It seems I've come in a little bit early - and decide I can just snap to grid (or even without) and just snip away the tiny bit that was early.

When I cut it though, it deletes everything (not so much deletes, The "Midi info" bar is still there, but no longer has lines representing the notes I've played) for about a good half of a measure.

I find this extremely strange and have can't wrap my mind around it - the info on the left "cutted if you will" side, is left intact. but on the right, it's as if some of it just get's lost.

Is this something that could do with my settings? It doesn't happen with audio -

I'm not sure what you mean. I'd have to see a screen shot to be sure.

Guessing: sometimes you need to glue parts together before you cut stuff because you won't realize that they are overlapping.

Back