Cubasis routing for multitrack overdub monitoring

sleepnotwork

Silly newbie question, which I know has been answered previously, but I couldn't find it . . .

I'm using Cubasis (waiting to learn the basics before I drop the big bucks), running my signal through a mixer to an EMU 1212. I'm trying to overdub audio, but each time I record a new track, the audio from previous tracks still records to the new track, in addition to the new input. I cannot figure out the routing solution to this, other than turning the Master channel all the way down, which (obviously) makes it a bit difficult to multitrack.

I've got all the buses set up properly on my hardware mixer, so the problem is definitely in the software. My question - where the f*rq are the busses in cubasis? How do I set up a monitor mix in the software mixer?

the routing problem lies with the mixer not Cubase. Cubase is sending the prerecorded signal out to the mixer which is then routing it back into cubase with the new material you are trying to record. If your mixer /soundcard are connected by more than 1 set of out then you can press F4 and turn a new bus on in cubase. Now open the mixer (F3) and directly below each fader you will find a drop down with the all the busses ytou have opened. Change your routing here.

Hope this helps

Keith

Mixer

Aah . . . you're referring to the software mixer, I guess (in my case the e-mu software). I had not thought of that at all. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Back