CubaseAl10 question

If anyone reading this has or had or can guess this please do..I bought the Steinberg ur22mkll interface and it came with cubaseai10...I figured out how to use it because I have cubasele8 also for a while..but I cannot figure out how to keep the zones or other sections open all the time..by all the time I mean after shutting down and reloading the cubaseai10 daw. Whenever I get finished and then go back to what I saved the zone panels or track inspector is closed back up...on cubasele8 the zones stay open and I thought because cubaseai10 was an upgrade that the zones would at least be saved with the project...any help?
One more thing, is it safe to use a passive direct box in front of or before the ur22mkll?

Hey Robert!

So, not sure what you mean by keeping zones open. You can click on a window open space and make it 'Always On Top'.

If you save a project, it should come up with the setup you had in the last session.

I quit upgrading after C9 because things got a bit strange for me. 9.5 had something I believe was called 'Zones' that just made things more complicated. Split project window screen is not something I want. I also was not about to upgrade to new version with active projects. Cubase 9.5 seemed to move for adaptive ability for users with one video monitor. I have 3. It did not sit well for me even though there were some benefits.

I bet there are ways that Cubase 10 can be set to work for you. I just have no experience with that upgrade yet. So I am no help there. Try the Steinberg.net forum. If you register you can get help from members that only use Cubase.

And for the other question, yes it is safe. Passive direct box only takes a line input to a lowZ. Unless there is some weird setup, it is typical.

I too didn't like the split screen, and in 9.5 switched it off so it worked like before. On 10, I've actually got used to it and haven't turned it off, and am getting used to it, and it's a one click stab to close the bottom edit pane - so I find the need for two screens, and I do have two monitors, not quite as important. my mixer screen comes up right monitor, and the project window left monitor which works for me. On my system every project opens with the configuration it was saved in. Die to changes in monitors this does mean some projects open with the mix screen on the divider between monitors, but that's a quick fix.

Hey Robert!

So, not sure what you mean by keeping zones open. You can click on a window open space and make it 'Always On Top'.

If you save a project, it should come up with the setup you had in the last session.

I quit upgrading after C9 because things got a bit strange for me. 9.5 had something I believe was called 'Zones' that just made things more complicated. Split project window screen is not something I want. I also was not about to upgrade to new version with active projects. Cubase 9.5 seemed to move for adaptive ability for users with one video monitor. I have 3. It did not sit well for me even though there were some benefits.

I bet there are ways that Cubase 10 can be set to work for you. I just have no experience with that upgrade yet. So I am no help there. Try the Steinberg.net forum. If you register you can get help from members that only use Cubase.

And for the other question, yes it is safe. Passive direct box only takes a line input to a lowZ. Unless there is some weird setup, it is typical.
There's a lower zone, left inspector zone, right zone and three seperate upper zones...I tried checkboxing them open and then saving or as a template but when I reopen the project the zones or extra windows are closed back up...I talked to the people at the Steinberg forum-they said they are aware of it and are hoping to fix it by next update...I thought there may be a "trick" to keeping them open..

If you open the edit windows, arrange them, position wise - this will save with the project - then turn off in preferences the double click side/bottom window option.

But I need what's called the track inspector to stay open and the transport bar...this is the new version of Cubase Al 10(freeware with Steinberg UR22MKLL audio interface).

The inspector and the transport bar should always be there, unless you switch them off? I've occasionally lost the transport bar, but that's just a function button prod, and the inspector has never hid itself? Is something weird going on?

The inspector and the transport bar should always be there, unless you switch them off? I've occasionally lost the transport bar, but that's just a function button prod, and the inspector has never hid itself? Is something weird going on?

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder
Re: Cubaseai10 question
Unread post Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:21 am

Hi,

This is an known issue of Cubase Elements/AI/LE 10.0.5 and 10.0.10. Hopefully it will be fixed with the next update

The above statement is from Steinberg forum.

There are always issues with new releases.

I wonder, since you registered LE10, if there is a way to download LE9?

When you sign in to mysteinberg and go to your account and products and click on downloads it shows what is available or what license you have..when i dowloaded it at first I didn't see an older version download just cubaseAl 10 and it's current update..

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder
Re: Cubaseai10 question
Unread post Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:21 am

Hi,

This is an known issue of Cubase Elements/AI/LE 10.0.5 and 10.0.10. Hopefully it will be fixed with the next update

The above statement is from Steinberg forum.

Another thing was that I paid $9.99 for the special update from cubasele8 to cubasele10 and nothing happened so they said that the dominant cubaseAl 10 overrode that.If I wanted to have le10 I would have to wipe the soft elicenser clean and just download le10 from there alone..but(here's a strange one),after downloading that update and my new cubaseAi10 my old version of cubasele8 turned into cubaseAl8 not cubasele8...somehow it dominated cubasele8...

Cubase AI and LE are the same thing. I am not sure why they give them different names.

LE4 came with Lexicon Alpha interface 8 or more years ago. I can't remember. Tascam 1641 or 2000, also cant remember, came with AI 7 or 8. The 'A' really only means it is the limited version of Cubase included with 'A'udio hardware. One used to be able to share the LE or AI version as it is the same free trial version of the software.

It may be possible that you can't get an earlier version until you purchase one of the products like 'Elements' or other.

I just looked at my account. Since I have purchased full version of Cubase 9, I can download and have license to every version before. From LE/AI 4 to Cubase Pro 9.5.

Hope this helps.

Keep in mind AI/LE is the same thing as far as I know. If you purchase Elements 10, I would assume you would have ability to download previous versions.

Cheers Rob!

You know I had the same issue when I updated LE. I like to keep it on hand to answer questions new people to cubase might have.

I had to message steinberg to get the installer and I had to pay $10 to get the update to LE9. I have not bothered with LE10 as of yet.

You know I had the same issue when I updated LE. I like to keep it on hand to answer questions new people to cubase might have.

I had to message steinberg to get the installer and I had to pay $10 to get the update to LE9. I have not bothered with LE10 as of yet.
I had cubasele8 for a long while now and when I bought the Steinberg Ur22mkll it came with cubaseai10. I then ran into the $9.99 for cubasele10 update from cubasele8 and decided to see which one was better...cubaseAi10 has groove agent...but I was already used to cubaseble8 so going from le8 to le10 seemed right..(the cubaseAl 10 was free).. Turns out according to the people at Steinberg Le and Al are the same and when I downloaded them to the same computer the dominant or better one of the two showed up but Le 10 was never seen again..even though I have it licensed in the soft elicenser(cubasele10) it's nowhere to be found ..I used the Steinberg download manager 2-3 times to make sure but it never reaches the monitor...Steinberg said it would do this but having Le and Al seemed to be right for me..giving me choices...

Yeah that sucks I have no idea why steinberg gave cubase 2 names with lite edition and advanced integration when they are exactly the same.

It seems like AI is the new OEM or something, I don't know.

You kind of have to realize you have to deal with stuff like that with these light versions. And as for bugs they arent going to spend a lot of time on them--speaking about the OE copies with hardware. In most cases you're getting a pretty damn good engine as it is.

I suspect that the non-full versions are always going to cause issues, because they're usually the same thing as the pro version with just the licencer preventing things happening rather than the pro version having new features. I suspect strongly that everything is the same, but they cut down the samples and bundled stuff and adjust the licenser to prevent access to missing content and features. That way works best for constantly changing products like these. My pro-10 install always opens up windows I last used in the project. So clearly a problem with the artist versions.

Back