Cubase VST 5

lorddrakul

System is an AMD XP2400+ with 256Mb DDR RAM, Turtle Beach SantaCruz running XP Pro and Cubase VST 32 5.

Marshal GR15CD line out to sound card line in. When I activate the guitar input on an audio channel there is huge latency, like half a second or so.

I have messed about with all the settings I can see, but there is nothing obvious that seems to do anything. I have discovered that there are no ASIO drivers or support for the card, is there anything I can do?

Thanks,

LD

Latency is determined by a number of factors - the most significant being the design of the soundcard, and the least significant being the speed/specs of your computer. Unless your soundcard has a panel under which you can adjust latency settings, then you're stuck with what you have. Go to audio/setup/audio options. (or something like that....) and that is where you can see what your existing latency is. From there, there is a button called "control panel" or something like that (right above your latency setting), and this is where you will find whatever tools you have (if any) to make these adjustments.

Turtle Beach cards, like the Soundblaster/Audigy cards are great gaming cards. The on-board sounds are very good, and the outputs are very good. For digital recording, though, the inputs are less than spectacular. They'll do, but you'll notice a pretty significant difference when you go up to a Delta 44 or some other entry-level semi-pro card.

Chris

Back