cubase sx2 - removing a template ???

seismetr0n

thanks for all the help on the last question- here's a new one.

Is it possible to remove saved templates from the new project/template list window.

I saved some useless ones and would like to delete them to avoid confusion.
The stock templates are easy to find and delete but i cannot find these on either drive???

all help is appreciated.-thanks

I believe that there is a folder inside the Cubase SX application folder called "templates". Once you find that there should be files for each individual template. Delete the ones you do not want and they should disappear as options when opening a new project.

That folder only has the initial templates. I couldn't find custom ones anywhere either. I'm going to do a registry check when I get back home.

You could try this: run Total Uninstall before you add a template, then after. It will show you what changed in your drive and in your registry.

Total Uninstall (freeware) http://www.martau.com/tu2.php

Andrés

EDIT: I read this:

"Templates are now stored in the user's Documents and
Settings/<username>/Applicatio*n Data/Steinberg/Cubase SX/Templates
folder. Templates can still be accessed from the original Templates
folder, for all users, but you cannot write templates to that
location. You can, of course, create a template then copy/move it
to the original location, providing you have permissions to do so.
All a bit of a mess though. "

It also says that depending on your settings, it's created hidden.

Last edited:
cordura21... you are the winner .... thanks for the info.. i found all my unneeded templates and deleted them... heres some rep points for you..

thanks for the help everyone

Thats good to know. I guess I had never deleted one of the templates that I made, but have always gone in and deleted all of the stock templates:D

Back