Cubase SX/ M Audio Recording Help

cvenaccio

I am currently running Cubase SX on P4 1.4Ghz system with 256 RAM and W2K. I am using the M-Audio Dleta 66 card with the Omnistudio break out box for recording. The variable signal levels are all set at 'Consumer' (input and output) for the M-Audio card. I am also using a Midisport 8x8 router.

I have input all the parts I want for my composition via MIDI into Cubase SX. Whe I play the MIDI tracks back, the synth sounds fine. Then I try to record my MIDI tracks to audio. I record one patch at a time to give me greater flexibility in mixing. The volume level on my synth is about half volume, low enough that the input lights on the Omnistudio barely bounce into the green and never bounce into the clipping range (the orange clipping lights never fire). However, when I am recording an audio track, I get some random crackling or popping that completely destroys the track. I can't isolate the reason why. I have rebooted several times to no avail and my synth is running it's most recent OS.

I am using the stereo inputs into the Omnistudio to link my synth's audio to the PC. When I record the audio, I push the 'line send' button on the back to send the stereo inputs of the Omnistudio to the line inputs for recording.

I am out of ideas as to what the problem is. Any help is appreciated.

I have the delta 66/w omni using cubase 5.1 with no similar problem. just guessing. i hear people speak of irq problems with pci cards. try switching sound card to a different pci slot. i also hear that the sound card shouldn't be placed in the first or last pci slots. if not that try more ram and/or making sure the are no background programs running

set it too background if you read in the cubase manual it says set for background thats how the ASIO driver gets the cpu time it needs

I switched it over to background and rebooted. I still get a pop occasionally when I record. The card is in one of the middle PCI slots.

There is a second sound card in the system. A Soundblaster Live card that is occupying a PCI slot but isn't controling any of my sound. Also, how do I get a complete list of what's running in the background? I have Norton Anti-virus. I have AIM but I have not logged in.

guess you arent still on
i would go into the device manager and make sure that the sound card you are using ( in cubase) isnt sharing an irq
you can find this by going into device manager
clicking view->by resource type and then choose irq
it will list all devices and what irg they are using
find the one your sound card is using and make sure nothing else is using that one

Back