Cubase SX learning that makes sense.

Cubase Classes over do it with TOO much material at once.

The Flame said:
I dont use sx3, but le is real similar.

Yes any info about cubase can add to your ability no matter what level of their program you are into. I would take a class, but in my area there are NONE. A friend went to LA and paid 500 bucks for a 2 day class. He said it went so fast and they covered too much materal for him to take it in. He said if he retained 30% he was lucky.
Choctaw

i know what you mean, i bought that blue cubase sx3 book, the asshole author starts talking about patchbay routers like im supposed to know what the hell that is and how it fits in with everything. Not to mention the section on midi is bleak on information, and he goes into details that no one should need to know.

if you search this on google video under "cubase tutorial", his 71 part tutorial pops up. This is a pretty kickass find.

Last edited:
all three dvds are on torrentspy. i know this site is all antipiracy but if your poor like me you might want to check it out and pay your dues in the future to realign your karma or whatever.

A good buy for sure.

warrengtype said:
those aren't just "some fellow on youtube" and they weren't supposed to be free. they're actually from the three part dvd sx3 video tutorials.

Thanks for the link...........I just order the entire package $100 buck or so. The YouTube site only has 10 videos for viewing, But the entire package of all 3 CDs has 80 plus videos........8 full hours of lessons. And from what I have watched of them this fellow tells it real simple so it can be understood. I for one needed some simple explaining and showing of the different screens and how it all looks and works. Thanks for the link. It is on Amazon.com and for now they are offering a $20 discount from the $120 price, yes plus shipping. But I have books that cost $40 bucks that I get very little out of, the actual screen movie seems to make it more understandable for an old fart like me.

Choctaw

Cubase 3 and now I get hit with Cubase 4 just more learning.

SuicideNote said:
I've had the DVDs for a long time now.

Well SuicideN........I must be living in the dark these days. Just saw where Cubase 4 has been out for awhile. Here I am buying lessons for SX. They never even contacted me about the upgrade etc. Sometimes I think StineB & Yamaha the new owners are sleeping when it comes to keeping us in the loop. Maybe they are out of the loop too. Sometimes wish I had spent my bucks and pasted 5 years on another product to learn. Now I have just order the DVD's to help me with Cubase SX3 which will go with about 6 books I have........but the new Cubase 4 has a intirely new projuct window and maybe lots of different switches to learn. I will stay with this old version for now.

Choctaw

huh, i wonder how long it will take for h2O to crack it. i remember him saying that the sx3 dongle was such a bitch to crack that this would be his last effort at it. Of course some months later he releases a more stable version from 3.6gigs to 120mb. tell me how the hell one gets cubase into a 120mb installation file.

bewildered said:
huh, i wonder how long it will take for h2O to crack it. i remember him saying that the sx3 dongle was such a bitch to crack

I tell you want, thinking about spending time on cracking code etc. to me is wasting time that could be devoted to learning my software and the different hardware operations connected with it. I am not into re-inventing anything or trying to steal the creations of others..........I just BUY it and use it. That's how things work best for all of us. There is no way we can get something for nothing. In the end Karma rules. If you cheat someone, you will pay the price. The bootlegged software brings more headaches then the legal. Yes the legal stuff gives me a fit, and most of the time NO support from it's creator. This forum has the most help I have found. Thanks for all of the members here that take the time to add knowledge to it's members.

Choctaw

Last edited:
I tell you want, thinking about spending time on cracking code etc. to me is wasting time that could be devoted to learning my software and the different hardware operations connected with it.

I apologize Mr. Stienberg. Ill send my reguards to H20 that hes wasting his time cracking your software that he could spending learning how to use it.

""If you cheat someone, you will pay the price.""

I believe it's the other way 'round: if you cheat someone, THEY pay the price.
That's why people cheat. If it wasn't, they wouldn't.

Back