cubase,soundcard ,not sure what the problem is?

cosmicthoughts

i just bought the tascam us1800 that comes with cubase le5. after installing the driver for the interface i loaded up cubase with no problems. but upon starting up cubase for the first time i got this message, "the currently installed soundcard driver does not support direct sound input.recording audio is not possible".

now i understand that you cant record with an onboard soundcard but dosent the interface have one itself?i wouldnt need to buy one right?

in the vst connections i have the option of making one of the busses "default stereo bus", thats the only way i can get 2 of the 16 inputs to work at once,cubase dosent seem to pick up the other inputs all at once

i would appreciate any thoughts on this , this is my first time buying a interface by the way
thanks

First thing you want to do is make sure the driver that came with the 1800 is the most up to date one for your computer (32 or 64-bit windows)here. Download and install driver.

Next, if you are on PC, go to Control Panel>Sound, and select the 1800 as your default sound device.

Then open Cubase and go to Devices>Device Setup>VST Audio System. Select the US-1800 from the dropdown list and press OK. You should be now good to go. :D

Jimmy

unfortunately that did not work ,still having the same problem
but thanks for the advice though , i didnt have the latest driver update for the tascam.

unfortunately that did not work ,still having the same problem
but thanks for the advice though , i didnt have the latest driver update for the tascam.

That is how it's done. Must be a setting changed or a wrong box checked somewhere. Help us figure it out by posting screen shots of your VST Connections window, as well as the screens from Devices>Device Setup- VST Audio System and the sub folder under it (US-1800). We will figure it out. :D

in the vst connections i have the option of making one of the busses "default stereo bus", thats the only way i can get 2 of the 16 inputs to work at once,cubase dosent seem to pick up the other inputs all at once

You need to create a bus for each of the inputs (Add Bus). One for each mono input, or a stereo bus using two of the mono inputs. After they are created, you create tracks via Project>Add Track>Audio-then select stereo or mono. Then you must select the input bus for the channel in the inspector widow (left side) for each track you created.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks jimmy that last bit of knowledge is what i needed, i hadnt assigned the inputs to any tracks

i greatly appreciate your help , may the universe grant you many riches lol

Back