Cubase Shortcuts

thegatekeeper

Hey guys been using cubase for a while, and I always watned to know a couple of little tricks.

1. Is there any way to enable monitor on multiple tracks without having to click on monitor for each individual track,

2. Is there a way to record enable multiple tracks without having to click on record enable for each individual track.

3. Is there a way to bypass all inserts or all of the 1st inserts or 2nd inserts instead of having to disable each channels master insert. For example if I have 48 tracks, and all have inserts, it would be a pain in the ass to bypass each 48 inserts and sends. Rather just be able to bypass 8 inserts and 8 channel sends.

Thanks any help would be appreciated

Answers in the quote.

thegatekeeper said:
Hey guys been using cubase for a while, and I always watned to know a couple of little tricks.

1. Is there any way to enable monitor on multiple tracks without having to click on monitor for each individual track,

- I think there's a setting in the Preferences somewhere that lets you change the default monitor settings, so that they are on by default, or when selecting tracks.

2. Is there a way to record enable multiple tracks without having to click on record enable for each individual track.

- Each selected track is record enabled by default, so all you have to do is shift-click the first and the last track you want to enable and your all set.

3. Is there a way to bypass all inserts or all of the 1st inserts or 2nd inserts instead of having to disable each channels master insert. For example if I have 48 tracks, and all have inserts, it would be a pain in the ass to bypass each 48 inserts and sends. Rather just be able to bypass 8 inserts and 8 channel sends.

- Not that I know of, but it is possible to bypass all the inserts of a single track with one click, by clicking the -[]- symbol. Maybe there's an option to link all the buttons of every track to each other. I know that when you "link" a bunch of channels in the mixer, the faders become linked and you can move all of them by moving just one. Makes sense that this can be done with the bypass buttons aswell.

Thanks any help would be appreciated

Make a group folder. Then click and drag each track you want to record simultaneously into the group folder. You'll notice they are shifted slighty to the right under the group folder. Now click the record button on the folder. All tracks in the folder will be record enabled. Also click the moniter button on the folder...same thing. This is great for recording drums. I use to pull my hair out clicking 8 different channels on and off to record and monitor drums.

just figured out another thing, if you go to preferences then vst, on monitor there are alot of ways to change monitoring settings, the one that I like the most is tapemachine style, where when you click on each track or use the shift button monitor is automatically selected, and during recording the monitor button is also used, but during playback monitor is removed. AWESOME!

Back