Cubase SE - Logical Midi functions etc

edaliso

I'm looking to make the move into computer based audio recording (vs my Fostex DMT 8). An intriguing offer right now is getting a Tascam FW-1804 which is bundled with Cubase SE and Gigastudio 3 LE. I've been checking the Cubase manuals and wonder if there are any experienced users out there that can comment on any midi limitations with Cubase SE vs the full version....i.e. the Logical Transform stuff etc. I'm a big midi user and love to tweak controllers and midi data etc. I've only found a comparison chart from 2003, and of course my hope is one of the few limitations is just the 48 track audio capability. Also any comments from Gigastudio users are appreciated!

Cubase SE has unlimited midi tracks. I've not compared them with the SX version, but midi works just fine is SE, by my experience. I don't use lots of midi, though. Just the occasional piano part for editing, and "beeps and boops."

My mistake....you actually get Cubase LE....which has 48 Audio and unlimited MIDI. Have you used Pro Tools...? Does Cubase have anything similar to Beat Detective?

edaliso said:
My mistake....you actually get Cubase LE....which has 48 Audio and unlimited MIDI. Have you used Pro Tools...? Does Cubase have anything similar to Beat Detective?

Yeah it has something like beat detective but right now Im drawing a blank for the name..... :confused: beat slicer :confused: But I know it's there. :o

Back