Cubase routing help needed

globalist

Hi,

I've been trying all sorts of settings and also done some online searching but I just can't figure this out:

I have a soundcard with 2 pairs of stereo outputs (it's a TC Electronic Impact Twin unit). One output (1/2) connects to my studio monitor speakers, the other output (3/4) connects to my headphone amp.

I am monitoring in Cubase, not on the card*, and I need to route these outputs through/from Cubase so I can achieve the following:

- when playback plays it is played through both the monitors and the headphones
- when input signal is monitored (yellow button pressed on the track) it is monitored on the headphones only

Is there an easy way to achieve this? I've also tried to set up a Monitor and a Headphones control room output, routed them to the 2 physical outputs, and still the monitored input signal ends up on the speakers...

* Only reason I'm going to all this trouble is the Impact Twin only has one volume knob for hardware control of the 3 outputs that I would otherwise use for this: the 2 headphone outputs (one is a muting output to make matters worse) and the 1/2 (main) output. Yes, you heard right, TC Electronic have provided just ONE knob to physically control the volume of THREE outputs.

Back