Cubase - project file not vaid

Dor Avitan

Hey everyone,

I've recorded some songs with my band at a studio i work at and out of total 6 songs i took with me to my computer at my home studio i didn't manage to open 5.

When i open one project out of the five Cubase give me a message says - "The project file is not valid!".

Now in the studio which the songs were recorded it does opens.On my portable hard drive and on the computer itself.

The studio i recorded the songs has Cubase 9.5 and i have Cubase 5.1 cracked.

Does that related?

If it does, why was i able to open one of the 6 projects and not the others?

Hope someone can help me :)

Thanks.

BTW - I usually transfer Cubase projects from the studio i work at to my home computer without any problems.

Likely there was something used that Cubase 9 has that Cubase 5 does not. I am surprised any of them opened on an earlier version...

And by the way, why are you using a cracked version? You do know just mentioning that is a bannable offense here right? Not to mention illegal.

But if you are silly enough to use that old of a cracked version of Cubase then well, you are just silly anyway. :)

I'm not going to ban you, but just keep in mind it isn't a good idea to publicly declare you are using illegal software... Just sayin.

Just buy a legit copy of Cubase. Shit, it's not that expensive. :mad:

You don't need the full blown version, get the lower cost versions, they do 90% of the full blown.

---------- Update ----------

Oh and welcome to the site. :)

Yeah man, looks like $66.99 for Cubase 9.5 Elements. Why deal with virus ridden hacked crap to save money for two cases of good beer? Think about how much better that beer will taste when you are not stressed over a cracked software messing up your computer and things actually work...

Seriously man. Beer or confidence in your DAW/recordings... It's a no brainier there...

Stupid question, you could have a mix of .all (Cubase 5) and .cpr (5 onwards) files. Cubase 5 will load both, Cubase 6 onwards won't. If you have some latest version only content - it crashes, but an older file is OK - but I suspect it's the wrong file type.

The cracked Cubases have always been random, because they were cracked by non-musicians, as in computer people, so they cracked the obvious stuff, but didn't go further into menus - so often you go to an edit page, and try som thing like quantise, or some other rarer function and discover that puts in the call to the licenser which crashes. 9.5 elements is much more capable than cubase 5 was - that's too elderly now.

Stupid question, you could have a mix of .all (Cubase 5) and .cpr (5 onwards) files. Cubase 5 will load both, Cubase 6 onwards won't. If you have some latest version only content - it crashes, but an older file is OK - but I suspect it's the wrong file type.

The cracked Cubases have always been random, because they were cracked by non-musicians, as in computer people, so they cracked the obvious stuff, but didn't go further into menus - so often you go to an edit page, and try som thing like quantise, or some other rarer function and discover that puts in the call to the licenser which crashes. 9.5 elements is much more capable than cubase 5 was - that's too elderly now.

Yep. Move forward...

It kind of funny, it used to be there were tons of people trying to use cracked software, and they thought it would benefit them.

I really don't hear about any cracked software much anymore. Pirate Bay got shut down...

Though last time Cubase was actually cracked was Cubase 5. Which is 4 or 5 years older version that was viable, but as Rob stated-was half assed and didn't work so good anyway...

Go with what software companies offer. There is a trial for most any DAW and varying price/levels of versions that may suit your needs.

If you actually give a shit about your own recordings, why would you cut costs by having free software that makes it impossible to be confident in the outcome?

Cubase 9.5 full version is around $500. Is your music not worth that?

Just something for you to contemplate. I have spent 5 times that on my daughter in the last 5 months...

Last edited:
Ive never quite worked out why some people who spend huge amounts on guitars, on their purchase, modifications and even just strings then cheap out on software? Weird.

If you wanna make sure project files work from one place to an other 100% of the time a working solution is to export everything to a multitrack and work from there... But then you wont be able to drag along the plugins and their settings :/.. Or get real versions, these tend to be more stable : )

Likely there was something used that Cubase 9 has that Cubase 5 does not. I am surprised any of them opened on an earlier version...

And by the way, why are you using a cracked version? You do know just mentioning that is a bannable offense here right? Not to mention illegal.

But if you are silly enough to use that old of a cracked version of Cubase then well, you are just silly anyway. :)

I'm not going to ban you, but just keep in mind it isn't a good idea to publicly declare you are using illegal software... Just sayin.

Oh, first of all thanks.

Secondly - I did not know that so i appreciate your decision not to ban me.

I start getting into recording just half a year ago so I really had no idea about anything.

I was going to buy Cubase 9 when the moment arrives and well, it arrived.

Thanks for the welcoming aswell.

To all who said something about me using a cracked version, I just really didnt understand a single thing about recording when I started using it.

I only starting knowing the world of recording half a year ago, so yeah.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I just bounced all of the tracks a open'd a new project - what i didn't know was possible haha.

So thanks the problem is solved.

To all who said something about me using a cracked version, I just really didnt understand a single thing about recording when I started using it.

I only starting knowing the world of recording half a year ago, so yeah.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I just bounced all of the tracks a open'd a new project - what i didn't know was possible haha.

So thanks the problem is solved.

Nice! Feel free to stick around when issues arise. They are sure to happen. lol

Cheers!

Jimmy

Good deal. Cubase has a steep learning curve, but don't give up on it. Keep plugging away and you will enjoy all the features., even if it is the Artist or Elements version.

Be sure to ask a lot of questions here. People here want to help.

Cheers,

Good deal. Cubase has a steep learning curve, but don't give up on it. Keep plugging away and you will enjoy all the features., even if it is the Artist or Elements version.

Be sure to ask a lot of questions here. People here want to help.

Cheers,

I just spent 3 hours setting up Cubase 9.5 with a Behri X32 board at live venue... It working now.

Have 32 tracks recording to Cubase 9.5 Elements trial for now.

Can't get my remote keyboard to work after disconnecting hub from home... Always something to deal with... LOL

My Cubase system works very well with the X32, been a godsend in fact - use a MacBook with elements 9.5 , and then pro 9.5 back in the studio. Works a treat.

And can you open the songs now?
Until a while ago you could never open a Cubase project with an older version of the software than what is was made with. So you were just lucky that you could open a Cubase 9 project with Cubase 5.1. Cubase always was downward compatible, but not upward.

Back