Cubase on PC & Mac

dazza

Hi,

Does anyone know if a single version of cubase will work on both a PC and a Mac?

Been using a cracked version of SX2 for a bit and I reckon it's a bloody good program, so I've saved up to buy a copy. I just want to make sure that I can use it on my home PC for production, and on my (not purchased yet) apple powerbook for performing. Otherwise I'll get an x86 laptop.

Cheers.

<RANT>
PS: To those of you who are against cracked software (see Thread Where can I get a cracked version of Cubase?): why in the hell don't Steinberg provide a demo version of their products? It's not like I'm going to go fork out a squillion dollars for something I've never tried.

And to all of you who buyed before you tried: On what did you base your decision? Did you choose Cubase because it's cool, and what your idol producer is using?
</RANT>

Sorry, a bit off the topic :)

When I bought Cubase SX 2 it came with a install CD for PC and a install CD for MAC. So to answer that question - you'll be fine.

Now onto the rant. They do provide a demo of Cubase SX.

http://www.steinberg.net/DocSupport...cations_pro_pc_en.html&Langue_ID=&Product_ID=

The first time I saw Cubase was a bundeled version of cubasis 5 that came with a card that I bought. From there I bought Cubase VST 5. Worked with that for a while and resisted any temptation to update to Cubase SX until I saw that every single review I ever read said how much better it was. And they were right...

Cheers.

Well, looks like I'm off to the shops :)

So there is a demo... sort of makes me look like a fool after my rant :o

Back