a cubase mix into wavelab, or individual tracks???

GhettoWayz

i've been making a mix in cubase then exporting it as a 24 bit stereo wav, then tweaking it in wavelab and burning it.....

my question is - is the more proper way to say send into wavelab from cubase each individual drum track ie kick snare etc still 24 bit mono wav and then assemble a mix from these wavelab tweaked tracks????

is that what people are doing to get the real good sound? by tweaking individual tracks within wavelab??

would you assemble the mix in wavelab or do that back in cubase??

i think my technique in this are can use some improvement.

the "standard" way to proceed is to export your entire mix in Wavelab, then use "mastering" plugins. (Waves C1, L1-2, iZotope, etc)

I dont really understand why you would export each track individually in wavelab!

Maybe I dont awnser the question, maybe I didnt understand your question but, I tried to get you an awnser! :)

see ya

a buddy from work

well, at work a buddy said he imports EVERY track into wavelab for tweaking.

that would mean every single track goes into wavelab for enhancing then sent back into cubase to assemble the mix...

is this a popular way of doing things???

i usuallly just tweak a stereo mix in wavelab, but i wanted to ask you guys if you do the individual track thing like my bud at work....

thanks for responding!

"tweaking"

If your friend at work has to import every track into wavelab to "tweak" it, maybe he should look at his tracking technique. With the right mic placement at the recording source you shouldn't need to do much "tweaking" to anything

Wavelab does things that Cubase can do, but a hell of a lot easier. I would definatly agree with Lemontree in that if he tweaks EVERY track, there would have to be something wrong with his tracking method and mic placement.

I really only use Wavelab for anything but mastering, but I have used it in the way you describe before.

Neil

and..

I dont get it... how can you tweak the kick without even hearing the bassline? How can you tweak the vocals, without hearing the guitars or...???

Maybe he do import the tracks in wavelab to normalize them....but it's not a good idea!

and, you can normalise in SX so...dunno

I dont see any good point to work this way. If someone find one, tell me!

well, isnt the track by track and assemble a final mix the idea behind the AUDIO MONTAGE>>>>????

in the AUdio montage I can assemble a final mix, but will I be better off doin this within Cubase???

Back