Is Cubase for me?

tsphillips

I am close to buying the Aardvark 24/96. They are shipped with Cubase LE, but I can still find them with Cakewalk Home Studio.

Friends are long time Cubase for Mac users. I like the on screen set up a lot. Would be ideal for my music (solo fingerstyle acoustic guitar or guitar and vocals, no midi, mikes only.) But I use PC. Any issues with Cubase and the PC set up?

I bought Cubasis some years back and it never worked right, ever. I have a Dell P3 600. I continually had files go screwy and get corrupted. A friend said Cubase really won't work without two hard drives. I got a second hard drive. But then I got ticking CLICK that recorded onto all tracks and could never make it stop.

I spent approximately two years with Cubasis and have nothing to show for it. I got a bootleg copy of Cakewalk 9, which is clunky to use, but never gave me any problems at all, other than the fact it is no longer supported by the company and no further add ons etc.

I am hoping the full Cubase LE will not have the problems Cubasis caused.

I just bought a new Dell P4 3800 3.2GHz. But I need to use that for internet and graphics and Office applications etc. So I was hoping to clear out my P3 and use that for recording.

But I am hesitent to get Cubase because of my problems with Cubasis.

How have people liked Cubase LE for PC? Thoughts, hints?

i started out with vst24 and am now running sx2. ive thought about moving to pro logic because it seems to be the industry standard. but im so use to using cubase its hard to make the jump. i havent had any problems with my sx2 which im so glad of, as steinberg support is ******* *****. if you are familiar with the cubase package then id stick with it, i honestly think its superior to cakewalk. why not get your hands on a bootleg version of cubase and check the bugger out.

well it was not a bootleg really, just a friend put his on my PC so I could see what it was like. He was upgrading to Sonar.

How different is Cubase LE to SX?

It looks like I am going to get Cubase since it comes with the card I am thinking of buying.

But I am just concerned, since it was a Mac program really. How stable is it on a PC?

Cubase SX, LE, SL, or whatever its current versions (there are so many different packaged ones now) all seem to be very stable on PC's. In fact, I have heard that they seem to run a little better on PC's now.

How is logic pro an industry standard? I will assume we are talking about on a PC? Logic is no longer even supported on PC.

Back