Cubase LE or PreSonus Firepod Problem?

Confusitron

I am currently using an Apple iBook G4 (1.2 GHZ, I believe) with Cubase LE installed with a PreSonus Firepod. At the moment, I am experiencing two problems.

I cannot record in anything other than 44.1 KHZ and play it back in it's native sample rate because the playback sample rate in Cubase will not change. When I go to "Project Setup" to change the playback sample rate, there are no other options for the sample rate. Cubase will only playback in 44.1 KHZ.

My second problem is much more major. I was recording today with numerous microphones simultaneously, which I have done before. For some strange reason these extremely odd distortions in the audio (when played back) formed. It appeared to lower the volume of the audio and add distortion and delay to EVERYTHING. The several tracks that I recorded that I was having this problem with would do this strange distortion when played back all together and individually. I recorded my voice with one of the mics after I discovered this problem and nothing bad happened. I know my levels weren't too high, as no peaks were being reached and I applied no effects to any of the audio. I thought for a few moments the distortions weren't occurring when I was playing the audio back, so, the problem may be the headphone amplifier on the Firepod. However, the same distortion occurred when I listened to the audio through the iBook's headphone jack. I may need to elaborate further on this problem.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve these problems?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Firepod/Cubase

Confusitron said:
I am currently using an Apple iBook G4 (1.2 GHZ, I believe) with Cubase LE installed with a PreSonus Firepod. At the moment, I am experiencing two problems.

I cannot record in anything other than 44.1 KHZ and play it back in it's native sample rate because the playback sample rate in Cubase will not change. When I go to "Project Setup" to change the playback sample rate, there are no other options for the sample rate. Cubase will only playback in 44.1 KHZ.

My second problem is much more major. I was recording today with numerous microphones simultaneously, which I have done before. For some strange reason these extremely odd distortions in the audio (when played back) formed. It appeared to lower the volume of the audio and add distortion and delay to EVERYTHING. The several tracks that I recorded that I was having this problem with would do this strange distortion when played back all together and individually. I recorded my voice with one of the mics after I discovered this problem and nothing bad happened. I know my levels weren't too high, as no peaks were being reached and I applied no effects to any of the audio. I thought for a few moments the distortions weren't occurring when I was playing the audio back, so, the problem may be the headphone amplifier on the Firepod. However, the same distortion occurred when I listened to the audio through the iBook's headphone jack. I may need to elaborate further on this problem.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve these problems?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

How are you connecting everything? Also, what are your computer and hard drive specs? Also, what is latency set for on the Firepod?

While you are collecting feedback here, you may want to contact Presonus customer service for some help. You can find their number at presonus.com -- they are very helpful and responsive I have found.

Keith

Back