Cubase LE 4.1.3 hardware setup tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitargodgt

First go to this menu:
Picture1-81.png

Then select vst audiosystem in the column to the right if it doesn't come up by default:
Picture2-52.png

Select your interface, I have both a toneport ux2 and profire 2626:
Picture3-39.png

When this window shows up you want to change it (obviously :lol:)
Picture4-26.png

If you need to change your buffers (latency) you do it under multichannel in the column to the left:
Picture5-19.png

Clicking on the control panel button brings up this little window, the higher the number the less your cpu is taxed, however more latency is introduced at the software monitoring level (this is an issue for virtual instruments and stuff like amp sim plugins that need to be monitored through cubase!)
Picture6-14.png

When your all done hit apply and close out that last window.

Now you need to go here:
Picture7-10.png

If one of the presets work for your hardware, great. Otherwise this is how to set it up pro style :lol:. First right click on the stereo bus and erase it.
Picture8-8.png

Now hit add bus button:
Picture9-7.png

My profire's configuration is (how I run it at the moment anyway) 8 analog inputs and I run the toneport via s/pdif so 2 digital channels as well so for me I'm gonna add 10 mono inputs:
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j204/Nerol25/?action=view&current=Picture10-5.png
Make sure that all of your inputs are routed right. If any of them say not connected, click on the word "not connected" and connect it properly:
Picture12-5.png

Picture13-5.png

You can also double click on the "mono input 1" and re name it like I did. I like to name my inputs buses how they are like so:
Picture14-3.png

Next we want to save this as a preset in case we ever need to call it up again so press the + folder:
Picture15-2.png

Picture16-2.png

Now you might have to do the same thing on the outputs tab side. Mine was default with one stereo out. This was fine, but I also have another 6 mono outs I like to use so I added them:
Picture17-2.png

Then I made a preset for the output settings as well:
Picture18-2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back