Cubase Latency Compensation

Jmoog

I was just wondering if there is a "nudge" control or anything in Cubase that would allow you to move a recorded track slightly to the left or right. I recorded a great synth track today and I notice that due to latency it is just a hair off from where it should be in relation to the first track I put down. I'm used to using Sonar for recording and in Sonar there is a "nudge" option that will allow you to move a track slightly in either direction so that you can line the tracks up better in case of latency problems. I'm assuming Cubase must have a similar option avaialble?

Hi, to slice the track a few milliseconds to any direction first you have to make sure that the "Snap" button is off. You can press the "J" key for that. Then you can drag the tracks freely. First you need to zoom the track for more accuracy, for that keep your left click press on the upper line (over the tracks) and move the mouse down. Or simply press the letter "h" several times to zoom in... after that, for zoom out press "g".

Hope this helps

Awesome I will try that today. I figured that there has to be a way to do it. I'm very new to Cubase so I'm sort of learning as I go. Thanks again.

Back