Cubase Latency

triflesterms

Hi

I've recently installed an old version of Cubase 2.2 and after connecting up my midi keyboard I've noticed I'm getting a fair whack of latency.

I'm running it on Windows 10 on a Lenovo yoga 2 laptop, with the built in Realtek sound card.

I hope someone out there can help?

Thanks

Ok, well I guess it is. SL2.

Quite an old version. I am surprised it actually works at all. Try the updates on above link.

In regards to latency I would first guess that is is the software itself that is the issue. But there are also ways to get your PC up to speed for recording.

Try this link below.

LINK

Most likely the problem is with the realtek soundcard; use an audio interface with ASIO drivers. I'll see a huge difference in latency when switching between my onboard soundcard and my audio interface. Something like 44ms with the soundcard to 4-5ms with the interface.

Also, upgrade your software to something in this century. If you are running a crack version, trash it and buy something that will work properly. DAW software is not expensive when you buy the lighter versions, yet they retain 90% of the functionality of the full-blown versions

Good luck.

Back