Cubase keeps crashing

coolsoundman

Anyone know how I can fix this problem or guess what is causing this error? I've already downloaded the patches for the program, but I'm still getting this crash error. Then again, I tried to look for the log file that it's mentioning and I can't seem to find it anywhere on my computer. I'm getting frustrated over this, someone please help! :mad: Also the website doesn't help much either, i've already looked up their knowledge base.

Attachments

• Resize of crash_alert_pc_01.jpg
    Resize of crash_alert_pc_01.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 58
Its probably the synchrosoft lisencing software. I had the same problem the first time I installed and updated. Their update has given you a crappy version. I'll bet if you try to open the lisence control centre you have problems.

You need to go to the synchrosoft website and download the newest version of the license control. Then uninstall the old version, then install the new version. Worked for me.

Its a shame they cant sticky that on Cubase.net seeing as its their ballsup. But I had to search for hours when I first got it. :mad:

If you have just installed a new legit version of SX3 on a system that at one time had either a crack of SX2 or another Steinberg product that involved a dongle crack then this will happen. Even if the previous version has been fully uninstalled and the system is 'clean'.
If you are getting nowhere on cubase.net it could be because the error points to other previously pirated software. The only way that problem can be solved is to reformat your computer and reinstall everything from the ground up. How do I know? Becuase my brother downloaded a crack of SX3 to prove to me why I was an idiot for just paying 700 quid for a legit copy that was in the mail. Of course, the downloaded copy fucked up my system and then I fucked up my brother.

Either that or a plugin you are trying to use is on the fritz. Try moving your vst folder to another location then open the cubase file that is giving you problems. If the message dissappears well it's a plus you are using. If the message is still there it's a problem with cubase.

Back