[SOLVED] Cubase, Audio Track, Inserts & Tuner

Try unchecking direct monitoring in your asio settings. Picture number 4 in that post.

I will warn you though, there may be latency if you do this but my thought is that it will allow you to monitor fx in cubase with it turned off.

If that's not it, I honestly am not sure. Everything else looks correct to me.

That is the issue! Good call man.

I just tested it and I get the same result here. I have never clicked that button before...

Thanks!

Hi guys,
Good news & not-so-good news: I unchecked the box as suggested and though the output sound thru the amp & headphones is still 'dry' and when I record a track it is also still dry (even with an Insert turned on), it is at least recording it with the effect. So that's progress of some kind. Unfortunately, I am still not hearing the effect 'live' and from my dabblings with Cubase, it seems quite easy to turn on/change effects once a track has been recorded. In saying that, that's progress! We're getting somewhere. I bet it is some bloody checkbox and it will all come good. The real litmus test apart from Insert>Distortion>GA Classic is to see if I get a signal thru the Insert>Tools>Tuner, which I've never had.

Wait, to be clear, Cubase will not ever 'record' it with effect. The recorded signal will always be the dry signal. It just runs through the inserts during playback. Not unless you 'Bounce' the audio track.

Inserts should also be working on the way in with 'Direct Monitoring' disabled.

Make sure you clicked 'Apply' after you unchecked the 'Direct Monitoring' box. Maybe even restart Cubase.

[SOLVED] Cubase, Audio Track, Inserts & Tuner

Firstly, SUCCESS!!!! I had unchecked the "Direct Monitoring" option in the ASIO settings, BUT I did not restart Cubase AI. I went the whole-hog and rebooted the laptop and sure enough, it works! I can get a signal in the Inserts>Tools>Tuner aswell as ALL the other Effects under Inserts coming through my Amp/Headphones! Happy Days!

One final easy question: I can only use 4 Inserts per channel (and tbh, why would you need any more!) but how do I remove unused effects, so I can add a replacement? All I can see is a "Reset Channel" (attachment), but that removes ALL the effects.

Channel_Settings_Multiple_Effects.jpg

Finally, I'd just like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Guitargodgt, Jimmys69, gecko zzed, Chili and rob aylestone for all your patience and help. Have yourself a well earned beer. And if you were locals, I'd shout you one

Awesome mate! Glad we could help.

Just click/drag the insert off the slot. Looks like AI only allows 4 inserts.
You can always create a group track and send the track to it. Then you have 4 more. And so on...

Have fun!!!

Or just click on the slot. The drop down list of fx has 'no effect' at the top. Or just select a different effect.

Hi filteredwaters, Yes, I unchecked the "Direct Monitoring" option in the ASIO settings and restarted Cubase. That seemed to work. Thanks for your help

Back