cubase audio moves out of sync

scottwallace

realtime audio goes out of time

this does'nt happen all the time but after i record a realtime instrument(guitar miked up) along with the midi click i have to manually move the audio file to sync back in with midi click.
any advice on how to cure this irritating problem would be appreciated

[Edited by scottwallace on 08-19-2000 at 10:15]

A similar thing happened to me with my first version of Cubase. I think it was Cubase 3. I talkedd to my dealer and upgraded from the net. The upgrade got rid of the problem. Is your Cubase an old version, and have you upgraded recently?

I don't really know the solution to your problem. But I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with latency. What is the latency of your sound card? Cubase is supposed to automatically adjust for latency with regards to the recorded audio, but it needs to know what the latency is. Usually it figures this out the first time you run Cubase. But maybe in your case it somehow forgot. If you see some crazy value of latency (like zero) maybe that's the problem.

What is your sync reference? Try setting it to "Sample position - output". Also, make sure MIDI sync reference is set to "Audio Clock". You might also try pressing the "Check Buffers and Sync" button and let it go through its test.

You say it doesn't happen every time you record. Do you notice anything you do differently for the times when it works (or doesn't work). What if you do a "Reset Devices" each time before you record? Does that prevent the problem? I know that would be a pain to do every time.

Jim

Back