Cubase 4..Midi Problems and Output Problems...Please Help

Blackwiz

Okay, I just got Cubase 4. Im trying to figure it out and learn it. This is my first DAW. The last multitrack recorder I had was a Tascam DP-01.

Anyways, one issue is with my two RP 6 monitors and my control on my Presonus Firestudio. How do I be able to control my monitor outputs with "Main" on my firestudio interface? How do I do it with my "Headphones" level too?

The only way I seem to be able to control the volume on my monitors is if I go to the control room or mixer in Cubase 4. Thats fine, except, I want to be able to control it with the interface too...and my headphones volume level too.

Sometimes I'll play something using a sound and its too loud and I quickly want to turn it down, but i have to open the mixer or control room because using the "main" on my audio interface is useless.

Which brings me to my 2nd problem, the midi problem. When I make record a midi track..like say the drums...then i want to add another instrument to it. While its looping over, Im at the sounds spot where I choose an instrument and preview the sound and whatnot. When i preview and click a key on my keyboard piano, the sound just stay and gets jumbled all in my monitors almost as if the sustain pedel is down. I have to exit that real quick and click the "monitor" button on cubase to stop the sound. What is this problem and how do I fix it?

I'll explain my midi setup, because maybe Im doing it wrong. I have the keyboard connected to the cpu via USB. Since I wasn't getting any midi playback, I thought I was supposed to connect the out on my keyboard to the in on my audio interface with a midi cable, so thats what I did. That gave me playback. Now, thats my setup. How do I fix my problem?

Someone please help me. I cannot figure out solutions for this.

Thanks

Back