Cross grading after using trial version

laruso

Hello, I’ve always been a logic user, but with the current offers thought I would first give the elements demo a try to get a feel for Cubase. I’m now going to go for the crossgrade from logic to the pro version, but would it be advisable to first uninstall the elements trial or will there be no issues leaving it and buying pro?

there shouldn't be but the Cubase elicenser can be weird. mine every now and then brings up an error message that relates to a version of artist that I installed a trial of once to check the differences between my full version and the lower tier one. I think I'd completely uninstall cubase and the licenser and start fresh. There's no reason functionally = the occasional error message doesn't cause any problems, but I wish it didn't do it.

there shouldn't be but the Cubase elicenser can be weird. mine every now and then brings up an error message that relates to a version of artist that I installed a trial of once to check the differences between my full version and the lower tier one. I think I'd completely uninstall cubase and the licenser and start fresh. There's no reason functionally = the occasional error message doesn't cause any problems, but I wish it didn't do it.

Thank you for this. I thought as much, so I've followed your advice and uninstalled everything according to the Steinberg support page, and put in my verification request for the crossgrade discount.

Back