CPU overload with Cuebase 8

Atkron205

Hey Guys,
I was getting a CPU overload with my old processor, it was a 2.9 dual core with 16 gigs of RAM. I did the upgrade to Cuebase 8.5, but had an issue where I would open up a project done in version 8 and some tracks would not play. So I upgraded my processor to a quad core 4.9 and the RAM to 32 gigs, I am still getting the CPU overload with a project of 15 or so tracks. I cannot figure it out. I have version 8 and 8.5 installed but use mainly version 8. Do you think that could be the problem? Do I just need to delete the 8.5 version? I am stumped. Thanks

What CPU are you running at 4.9gHz? That's usually the "turbo boost speed" for Intel I7 and I9 processors, but its not the base frequency. Is TurboBoost engaged in the BIOS?

Have your checked Task Manager to see if there is some process that is stealing CPU cycles? That's one of the first places I look when things are bogging down. 15 tracks with 32G of ram and a quad core I7 processor shouldn't be overloading unless you got some weird plugin. Are you using a lot of VSTs?

I found this on the Steinberg forum: Why CPU Overloaded in Cubase? - www.steinberg.net

Back