Copying track/plugin settings from one project to another? another noob question :)

Slowjett

Un-related to my other post of today, I'm mixing down a singer/songwriter with 3 tracks per project (vox, guitar left, guitar right). I have 9 songs (1 per project) and I was wondering since they are all pretty much the same level and what not if it was possible to copy the mixer/EQ/plugin settings from one project to another? I know I sound lazy, but it would cut a lot of time out of the rough mix process.

Thanks!
Josh

Hit the "e" button and bring up the specified track channel box, then right click and you should be able to save the whole channel settings.

Not sure if the same thing works for the mixer but i imagine it does.

You can do a complete copy form the mixer screen if you right click the name bar of the master output in the mixer screen. Shortcuts are great time savers, but be careful that they don't lead to laziness:)

Open both projects at once. Open up the track whose settings you want to copy. In the circle in the picture below, there are the 'copy channel settings' and 'paste channel settings' buttons. Flip to project A, copy, flip to project B, paste.

cpypaste.jpg

Another way to do things which I'd say is sightly better is to save your session as a template.
Then when you open a new project there should be a box that pops up to ask what template you want to load. Simply choose the template you saved.

Eck

Back