Considering an Upgrade from Cubase Artist 6...

Mister M

Musician and School Teach
I have been using Cubase Artist 6 for the last 7-8 years or so....Considering upgrading to Artist 10, if it is worthwhile...6 has been adequate for my needs, but maybe I don't know what I'm missing...so I'm just wondering if, in your opinion, there is enough improvement/changes/additions to warrant spending a couple hundred dollars on an upgrade. And, GO!

There are lots of small improvements, and the VST selection is better. My friend is on Artist 9.5, and I'm on Pro 10 - which I certainly find the best so far - the little things do make life easier. Like so many of the upgrades, I didn't think it was a wow one, until you see somebody on an old one and realise that if you skip a few, you really have missed things. One thing though - version 6 allowed 32 bit plugins didn't it? the current versions are 64 bit ONLY - it will put any not compliant plugins into a black list folder. I bought a bridging gizmo that still works fine on my 32 bit plugins, as a wrapper around them and Cubase is happy. Worth checking.

Thanks Rob.

Already considered the 32/64 bit issue...Version 6 ran 32 or 64. I think all of the key VSTs I use are already 64 bit...all the paid ones are for sure, so it's thankfully not a game changer. Off hand, do you know the name of the bridging app that you used for the others?

Thanks for the link, Jimmy. Had been to the site already-looks pretty great, just wanted opinions to see if others thought it was worthwhile. With the sale they have on right now, the full versions are less than the cost of the upgrade versions, so I thought it might be a good time.

i recently went from artist 7 to artist 10. It's different and gotta learn the differences. I upgraded for two reasons, 1) future proof in case I want to go to Win10, 2) I had issues in Artist 7 where the EQ section never worked. I could never figure that out and always had to an EQ plug. Upgrading to 10 fixed that problem for me.

Other than those two things, I can't see a real substantial reason to spend money on upgrading.

Further to this: Got an email today that Cubase 10 is 50% off, for both upgrades or the full version!! Suddenly a much easier decision!

Back