Channel order during Playback

Eggman

I record to an Alesis Hd 24. My wife bought me Cubase 4 a year and a half ago. I would like to do some editing. My soundcard is an RME Digi9652. i set up the inputs and outputs in the VST devices page. i dumped my tracks into cubase via three lightpipe cables. Everything worked beautifully.

Now, the problem. When I play the tracks back everything is shifted down two channels. I know they are recorded into Cubase in the right place. I can see the levels in the VST mixer and everything looks correct. But... Track 1 comes back to the HD24 on channel 3, track 2 is on channel four, track 3 is on channe lfive, etc, and tracks 23/24 are lost.

I have been reading the manual for months now and can't figure it out. My output busses are correctly assigned.

Is it in the RME card? If so how do I reassign the channel routing? HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions you might send my way.

Doug

You have something set wrong somewhere, or your cabling isn't hooked up right. Take a couple screen shots of you outputs, and of your mixer (in cubase).

Thanks for your quick reply, NL5.

I can't send screenshots right now as i am at work and my computer is at my studio.

I am pretty sure the cabling is correct. Three lightpipes in and three lightpipes out. i don't think it would be possible to get the channels offset bt two using the lightpipes.

I am pretty certain that the inpit/output busses are correctly assigned.

However I did have some settings that listed ports 1 and two as "inactive" where as all the other input/output posrt were labeled as "active". Only i couldn't find anywhere to activate ports 1 and 2. That is why i have a sneaking suspician that it is in the digi card.

Do you have any suggestions of how to activate ports 1 and 2?

Thanks again for your help.

Back