Change Default setting for Edit Window

rmcall

I have 2 screens (Samsung Monitors). Ideally I would like to have the default setting show the main window on my left, mixer in the lower quadrant of the main window, and the editor window on the right screen. Is there anyway to do this in Cubase 10 Pro? If so how...?

Presently if I am working on a midi track and want to edit notes within, I have to double click on the event in the main window (which opens it in the lower quadrant of the main window), then click the arrow in the top right corner of the lower quadrant to make it open on the other screen. That would be fine if I only had to do it once, but as soon as I change tracks I have to do all of those clicks each time.

Also (totally different question): I know this is going to make me sound like an idiot, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do a simple task that Ive done with many other DAWS. The example, in Logic if I click on a single track in the mixer window, then hold shift and click several other tracks, it highlights them all so I can move volume sliders up and down in tandem. In Cubase if I highlight multiple tracks, the sliders still only move one at a time. This is highly annoying if you want to do something like slightly lower the volume to 30 tracks. I gotta believe Cubase can do this...
appreciate the help
R

Not sure about the windows management, but I am pretty sure you just need to make the window you select 'Always on top'. I could be wrong, but try right clicking on the window when open. There should be a way.

Cubase does that 'multiple fader' link in a different way. I have never used it, but I believe it is called 'VCA Link' or something similar. Open the tools menu in the mixer and you will find it.

Notice I didn't say 'RTFM'? LMAO!

Best to ya! :)

Back