Broken Steinberg UR-22

Masten

Hi

A while back the 2nd input on my UR22 stopped working. No sound, nothing, just dead on that input. It was after I was pluggin and unplugging mics, and thought I'd turned off the phantom power but maybe I didn't?

Took it to a repair shop and they took it apart, but couldn't find anything wrong but said he was struggling without a detailed circuit board schematic

So

1. Anyone know where I can find a schematic? Have looked but can't find anything
2. How much would this be worth on ebay, if anything (I'm in UK), and can maybe sell as a single input device, then get a used fully functional UR22 to replace it

Cheers

Masten :)

If it's faulty, then it has no value at all. However, totally dead is a repairers best starting point.if the input is dead, then what makes you think phantom is a cause? Have you tested to see if phantom is there? On budget price items repair is often futile if you can't do it yourself because of labour cost. I'd be looking at physical things. Dry joints on the pcb mounted XLRs are the common areas. I've never seen an item damaged by phantom. They're designed for stupid consumers who do crazy things and never read manuals, even though nowadays written for ten year olds. If they failed this easily social media would kill them dead. However, real faults happen. If you have a good repairer who needs a schematic to move on, it's uneconomic. If you have a poor repairer who is missing the obvious, then how do you know. I've never ever found schematics for budget products useful because of the reliance on multi leg devices that can not be fixed, only replaced, one at a time till you cure a fault. That's unrealistic to do for time and cost. Number one fault is always dry joints caused by flexing pcb's.

These items are essentially disposable unless, as [MENTION=178786]rob aylestone[/MENTION] says, you can fix it yourself.

It would have no value used, at least not to me, but you could list it on eBay for free most of the time, with a near-zero starting price and charge actual shipping and handling, and see what it goes for, if at all. Describe it fully, take pictures, and then you'll find out what it's worth.

A new Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD is probably one of the least expensive, equivalent USB interfaces on the market right now.

I actually like to buy my electronics from a place (in the US, unfortunately) that adds a couple extra years warranty on "for free" because that's the best option for commodities like this. Either insure an amount of utility up front, or gamble...

Hi guys.

Yeah assumed it was the phantom power blowing it out as I did pull out a mic with it switched on. I mean it was working fine, then after I pur the mic in and out it wasn't working,

The unit's a few years old but hasnt been moved since I had it and the 2nd input on it has hardly been used at all, ao if it is 'cos of dry joints, it can't have been very good in the first place.

Will probably just get another used one. The UR-22 workls flawlessly sound wise so dont want to switch to something else, though just read a few reviews on that Behringer and they definitely seemed to have upped their game with their preamps and drivers.

Thanks for your advice

Cheers

Masten

Back