To bassy!

A7X

I can't seem to EQ my guitars so there not so bassy. I went into the VST effects and screwed around with the EQ in there but nothing really happens. Its not punding with bass but i'd liek to be able to EQ my acoustic...

How are you recording your guitar? The first thing to work on is microphone placement. If you're miking an acoustic, don't point the mic at the soundhole. There is way too much bass there. Start around the 12th fret and move around to taste.

As for EQ, I use a hard low-cut EQ at around 100Hz for most acoustic tracks. Sometimes as high as 150-250Hz if I just want the sound of strumming and not much bass.

Scrubs that did help, I did the tracks over and it did change a bit.

And right above my "edit VST channel" its "read enable", you sure thats it?

Here is a picture that should be similar to what you are looking at. It is the channel detail for a channel/track (click the "e" icon on the mixer channel). The following things are critical and numbered on the pic:

1. This button activates the EQ band. If it is not lit up (green on my version), your EQ is not on.

2. This sets the frequency for the EQ. The inner knob (and the number box above the knob) is for the amount of cut or boost. You don't need to worry about this for a high pass/low cut, but for a shelf or notch, it is important.

3. This knob is for the "Q" or width of the EQ. The far left EQ can be set up as a High Pass (with the knob all the way to the right) as it is in this example, or a shelf EQ (with the knob all the way to the left) where you simply attenuate the frequencies by a certain number of dB. Anywhere in between, it will act like a normal parametric EQ band.

4. This is the EQ bypass switch. If it is yellow, the EQ's are bypassed and won't affect your signal. If it is green (as in the pic), the EQ is active.

Attachments

• High Pass Filter3.JPG
    High Pass Filter3.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 45
Back