Audio Track Lenght Limitation in Cubase 5?

rayt

Hi there everyone,
I really need to know in a short time, whether there is any audio track length limitation in Cubase 5...
I want to record my band's live performance on saturday. I am about to use my notebook with Line 6 UX 2 (I use both for home recording with no problems) but I worry that when recording for example an hour at one time into Cubase, there may occur some crackles or something else in the final wav, as Cubase is maybe too much a load for my PC... you know, I don't need any VST, mixer, EQs and milions of things Cubase has... I just need something that uses the UX ASIO driver and records two hours at one time... and I even don't know whether the maximal lenght of the song is limited or not in Cubase.

Sorry for my english and thanks for any ideas.

Thanks, Tom

P.S.: I have gigabytes of free space on the destination drive, so no problem with that. (My Cubase displays about 40 hour of remaining recording time - but not if continuous...)

I'm not sure even Cubase LE5 has a time limitation. C5 will surely not.

Advise to run it previous to the show, with dummy tracks, and find out if your system is going to handle it. Usually recording audio tracks isn't an issue. It is plugins, and stability of your OS and setup, that will be the factor.

There is not much time for me to try it before, if there was any, I would have done it. So you mean that when my PC makes it, Cubase makes it for sure? :)

Yeah, Cubase don't care how long you record. Your hard drive/ram will control that.

You have til Sat. Just record empty tracks on it, and see what happens. Your hard drive does not care if there is signal on a recorded track. It is still the same file size. At least, I am pretty sure this is the case....

Yes, thanks a lot, the recording is running for tests, the only problem is that I can not listen the test recording afterwards to see whether there are any errors, but, for God's sake, there won't be any, I believe... :D
Thank you very much for your time and advice :)

Back