Audio plays fine once, then-no sound!

ssb7171

Hi, I'm new to Cubase, I'm running the 1.06 update, and I'm using it with an M-Audio Quattro. You'll be able to tell I'm new to the program by my question-when I load a project I play it and sound comes through fine on the 2 tracks I've recorded, but when I stop it and then play it again I can't get any sound. Only exiting and restarting fixes it. The manual troubleshooting section doesn't have anything about this. Anyone know what's going on?

As can happen with computer problems, I took a break, came back, and now it seems to be working fine. Ah well, I don't want to question it now!

Dammit! Instant karma I guess....literally second after I posted the last message, I went back to Cubase, switched an effect over to another one, pulled up the mixer, hit play and no sound! Wahhhhhhhh! Now I'm back where I started.

I think i can help

I working with the Quattro as well with Nuendo. I had the same problem, im not to familiar with Cubase but i think they are similar. Make sure your audio output in cubase is the same output on your Quattro and click active. I havent had the problem since.

Back