Adding preset input tracks from one to another existing cpr file.

jimmys69

MOODerator
I have a full recorded band, using individual cpr file for each song. All songs recorded with same initial template.

I would love a way to set a preset to add say: a folder with 3 separate tracks for (guitar direct, 57 mic, 421 mic), by just saving tracks from the first instance of this, from one of the cpr files, then add this setup (whole folder ideally) to another project. I can't seem to find a way to save an additional template that I can add to another project file, while saving the input source for each channel.

I would just love a way to add a new input setup to another project, without having to setup the same new input setup for each new (though existing) song (cpr). VST Connections (inputs) are the same on all songs.

Man, that sounded haphazard...

I just wish to open a new file, and add just the guitar input tracks as I had on a previous song (pre setup to record).

Is there any way possible?

Any ideas to make this at least easier to accomplish?

Have you tried a track archive (XML)? It won't export the folder track but it will export everything else.

To export: File -> Export -> Selected Tracks
To import: File -> Import -> Track Archive

Once I've set up, for example, my drum tracks, I'll export them blank (without any events) to a track archive and then import them for the new project. It includes any plugins, EQ, routing, etc. The routing will only patch correctly if you've got the same VST connection set up, which Cubase usually remembers when you create a new project. It also will direct you to the last XML export when you go to import.

Just remember to export them without events and select "copy" when the "Do you want to copy or reference the media files" dialog comes up.

Hope that helps.

Cheers :)

Have you tried a track archive (XML)? It won't export the folder track but it will export everything else.

To export: File -> Export -> Selected Tracks
To import: File -> Import -> Track Archive

Once I've set up, for example, my drum tracks, I'll export them blank (without any events) to a track archive and then import them for the new project. It includes any plugins, EQ, routing, etc. The routing will only patch correctly if you've got the same VST connection set up, which Cubase usually remembers when you create a new project. It also will direct you to the last XML export when you go to import.

Just remember to export them without events and select "copy" when the "Do you want to copy or reference the media files" dialog comes up.

Hope that helps.

Cheers :)

Thank You Mo Facta!

That is exactly what I needed. It is kinda too late to go with the event free ones at this point, though I will know what to do in future setups.

Wait.....I can just go into my original template, and create them from there huh? Ah, nirvana hath been had.. Not the band...

Thanks again dood!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Back