Adding firepod inputs? VST inputs not dragging down.

Obi-Wan zenabI

I just finally got hardware back together after a career ending HD crash. Latest firepod driver installed, firewire card up and running. Firepod is lighting up blue. Youtube vids play fine through the KRK V4's.

I can't get any project to see more than input 1 and 2. I've played around in control panel and such but have not found anything.

Could the issue be that I loaded the new FP10 driver rather than the old one that came with my original old school firepod?

This XP dell optiplex is about the same age as the old compaq laptop I used to run-- that shouldn't be the issue, should it?

Thanks. It sucks to have taken so long a break that I've forgotten pretty much everything. :drunk:

You didnt say what sequencer you're using but in almost all of them you have to go into the preferences and activate the inputs and outputs you want to use.

Check your manual...

I keep a Firepod setup/tips sheet at Presonus Firepod Troubleshoot and Setup Tips which may be able to help you get going.

I dont ever remember having the issue you are having, so as being pointed out, it could be software related (I use Sonar, so dont know Cubase), in which case, my cheat sheet may be of no help after all. :)

Good luck!

Thanks aldwyn.

Problem solved.

The firepod drivers I had running on the computer were too new. I found the original v 1.20 circa 2005 drivers and I was good to go.

The menu to activate the other inputs is "Device Setup..."

Back