What is w/ the sony soundforge updates?

mastap

Can you get the whole program for free? Or does it verify who you are after you download it?

Why is it only 33 MB? That seems really small for a "full-fledged" editing program!

Yeah .... you can get the updates for free.
To get them to work you need to have your activation code that was supplied when you originally purchased the previous build.
I don't know that you can install an updated build without having a previous build already installed. :confused: I always just install the updates on top of the previous build. If memory serves me, I do believe I've had to re-enter my activation codes.

mastap said:
Why is it only 33 MB? That seems really small for a "full-fledged" editing program!

man, you really are pissed off about that whole thing. this is your second post about it in two minute increments.

mastap said:
What a completely and totally stupid thing to say -- that comment makes you sound unbelieveably clueless...............

An AKG C12 weighs less than a pound or two - seems really small and light for something that costs $6000+............

Gimme a fuckin' break...... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Used to be that short, tight code was a sign of good software... now we get stuff like this. Sigh.

Why the same content in two separate threads? As I posted in your other thread, I really don't understand your belief that the file size of the program should determine how good/bad the program is (actually in the other thread you were complaining about the price vs. file size). DOWNLOAD the demo (unless you already have) and use it - see what the program can do. If it works for your needs, great. If not, move on.

As far as free.....NO. You will be asked to enter an activation code to use it. I don't know how long the demo works for.

Warren

I'm not sure I understand the question, but here's my take on things anyways...

The updates that are posted are exactly that; updates that correct bugs and issues, etc. You're not downloading the actual program.
After all, the full blown Sound Forge program (I use 7.0) is not free; not even close to free. LOL

Sony puts a letter after the version number of a program, and that letter is the basis for updates.
Example: I bought ACID Pro 4.0b, and recently I downloaded and installed the 4.0f update; which was around 30 some odd MB.
And no, it didnt ask me for my activation code. The only times you're required to enter an activation code are...

1. Converting a demo to a full blown version.
2. Installing the full blown version for the first time.

And finally, Blue Bear Sound's colorful (and very funny) response is right. Basing a program's merit on the size of a download does come off as incredibly stupid. No offense.

That's right .... The only time I've had to re-enter my codes was when I did a full format and re-install of the OS and Programs.
I've never tried to just install any of the Sony programs via the updates (not sure that would work) ... I just arbitrarily load the programs from their respective CD's and then run the updates without even launching the original build. Then of course, on the first launch, I'm prompted to enter my codes.

Back