Vegas Pro

William Choi

I can't help figuring out why Vegas Pro doesn't have MIDI triggering for controlling the record/play/pause etc. functions!
Do they really expect us guitar players to hit the mouse button and scurry off getting the guitar strapped on and playing and then excepting the shitty results of buzzing coming from a monitor!!!!
It would be too hard to impliment this feature now!!!

No need to scurry. Take your time and relax. You can always wipe the empty ends off of your take with two quick swipes of the mouse!
And whatever buzzing you're talking about has nothing to do with Vegas Pro. That's your sound card or your monitoring system. Or something else entirely.

[This message has been edited by drstawl (edited 08-29-1999).]

Its very time consuming,and i said that the buzzing comes from the computer monitor( you know the thing you look at).
MIDI controlling is very vital unless you're doing recording with a laptop.

You can also control these functions with your keyboard. Hold your mouse over the playback controls to get the shortcut keyboard equivalents to using the mouse.

Better memorize the keyboard shortcuts first. You'll have a hard time using the mouse without the display. And I can strap/unstrap my guitar faster than I can turn my monitor back on. But I still don't see what the big deal is here; You start the recording and pick up your guitar and play (just like yes ter day) far enough away from the monitor to negate that effect and when you're done give it a few seconds before entering that nasty buzzy radiation zone to stop the recording. You've still captured the track clean, right?

Man, the buzzing of the monitor is not improtant! I just wanted to say that the MIDI controlling of shortcuts is not present in the program and thats very important to some people.

Placing the mouse on top of the record button is damn primative and having to be infront of the keyboard to access the shortcuts is a bitch.
I was looking for something that was as good as CoolEdit Pro or better cuz I get to use MIDI controlling with it. I could stand pretty far away from my computer/HARDDRIVE WHIZZING/MONITOR and such,Hell I could be in another room without my computer! Just silence,me, a mic, and my MIDI controller/sustain pedal and it couldn't be any easier.
In vegas,you must be at the keyboard at all times. My keyboard cord just doesn't reach that long.

get a wireless keyboard.

BUy a cheap keyboard and get an extension wire and rip off all of the unused keys and paint the ones you do use. Alright

Back