Vegas Kicks A$$

gnarled

Well, after over a year of frustration, agony, pain, tears, whimpering and whining with my Cakewalk 9/Gadget Labs Wave 824 setup I finally made the switch to Vegas.......and boy am I glad I did.

It took me all of about 15 minutes to install, set up and start recording with Vegas. I didn't have to spend hours tweaking settings to get it to stop making clicks and pops like in Cake. Everything seems so much more intuitive (except maybe the FX busses, but I'll get used to it) and LESS BUGGY. I love the built in dynamics and EQ on each track. By the way, are these on all the time (using processing power) even if you don't change the settings? Having the volume and pan faders right on the screen without having to use a funky mixer view is great too. Well, I didn't get a chance to really push the performance with lots of tracks yet. Hopefully I'll be able to exercise it a little more tonight, but so far I'm really impressed. You guys have any favorites as far as the included dX plugins go?

I'm still going to have to get used to not forcing myself to save every 5 minutes to prepare for the inevitable crash as with Cake. And the wave forms updating in real time will take some getting used to also. I really liked waiting 30 sec AFTER recording for the screen to update...ha ha. And I really liked having to hit play and then stop to get the level meters to activate on armed tracks to check inputs. The list goes on and on and on....

The best $250 I've spent in a LONG time!

Back