Using ACID Music

hongteck

I've ACID Music and I'm not really using it so much because it only allow you to program minor keys. For example if I've a song with the following chord progression C-Am-F-G, I can only do C-A-F-G. Of course when I sing over that rhythm it sounds funny. Anyone can help me overcome this ?

Hi Ive been using acid music for about 9 months now and Im sorry to tell that u will not be able to overcome this in acid, but you might be able to get away with it in another sonic foundry program called sounde forge! you can go to the sonic home page and download the free 4.5 xp demo wich I just got today! and so far its incredible. hope this helps! peace

if Im not mistaken isnt (Am) a combination of 2 keys? if so would it be possible to record those two keys, and combine them to make the (Am)? Im really sorry if my knowledge is incorrect, but if im right then u should be able to that just fine unless you are using a song that is already recorded and just being used in acid! Did you write/record the music yourself?

Thanks,

I guess you are right about not being able to overcome this problem in ACID. I use ACID to generate the rhythm section to my songs. The other software I use is Jammer Pro but I find ACID's sound more realistic. Anyway just wondering if it has such limitation, what do you use ACID for ?

believe it or not I use acid as a multitrack! and thats it. I bought acid style last year and was fairly pleased but ran out of track room (limited to 8 tracks) so then I bought acid music because of the unlimited track feature, and I love it!
p.s. the envelopes came in handy too! peace

Hi guys,

I don't know how Acid works, but hopefully this will help you get where you 're trying to go.

A Minor is in three major keys. It is in C, and F, and G.

The notes that make up an A Minor triad are:
A, C, and E.

By changing the bass note, you will change the identity of the chord.

For example, if you play an F in the bass with those three notes, it becomes an F Major 7.

If you play a C in the bass, then it becomes a C 6.

And of course if you play an A in the bass, it remains an A minor. :)

foo

Back