Trouble With Sony Acid 6.0

mnm010

I am recording a live instrument into Sony Acid 6.0 and I am unable to get it to record for some reason. I plug in my instrument and mic to a MobilePre USB and Acid will show input levels on either channel and allows me to record while showing signal entering the program, but when I go to finish the recording and do other tracks, the tracks that I just finished recording become blank. This has been happening for over a week and I am unable to figure out how to solve this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

mnm010

This is confusing. Are you saying that it does record ( you see waveforms )but after a while the clips are dissapearing?

Could you go step by step through your process.

Gladly. I open up Acid Pro, Plug in a MobilePre USB preamp, assign channels/instruments, and arm each track. I then do a sound check to make sure each channel is getting signal. After each track is armed and showing that it is recieving signal, I start to record. I can see (I think you called them waveforms) and such when I play and it is recording, but when I hit the record button or the stop button ( it doesn't matter which one I do, I've tried to end the particular sessions with both) the recorded waveforms disappear and I am left with a blank box that usually says something like "clip 1" and no recording is able to be played back.

possible you have "punch in" turned on so it stops recording automatically. Check the timeline to see. Also, as you are recording, the timeline should be moving along.

This is weird, but I'm sure its some program setting that is wrong. I wish I could be more help, but without actually seeing whats happening, it's hard to tell.

If you get signal and meter movement when the tracks are armed, they should record when you hit the recoed button.

Jus had this thought, could you have the pause on while it is recording?

I just messed with it again, and i got to a track editing page. When I tried to mess with the track some more, it said that "an error occured when processing media track 1" and "The reason for the error could not be determined".

That is plain strange. The only other thing I can think off checking is if the sample rate and bit depth set in Acid matches the driver for the Mobile Pre USB.

Barring that, perhaps re-installing Acid???

Are you able to confirm the sample rates?

Yes, the sample rates are the same, a friend of mine said to check that. I may just have to break down and reinstall Acid, but I really don't want to. :(

Back