SoundForge 8

GamblersChoice

Recently had a major computer crash and lost my soundforge 8 program. I use it as a "tool" when mixing in Sonar, and I really liked it. I am looking for an old, "open box" program that I can purchase and reload on my new machine, hopefully with the cd architect included.

I know the new versions probably have better and more bells and whistles, but I am an old guy, I really don't want to learn a new program, and definitely do not want to spend five hundred dollars on a program I use only part time.

And, I know this is my own fault, I promise to do a back up as soon as I get it installed.

Any help appreciated.

Later
Albert

I have the application but I'm not sure what is included (not familiar with the 'cd architect' feature). I can send you the file to reinstall, assuming you have the required serial/registration info needed. PM me if you still need it.

The problem I have with SF 8 is it won't work with Win 7. I have an old XP machine, and I have to port my projects to it to use Sound Forge and then port back into my DAW. For the few features I use, it's not worth the $200 upgrade path.

Recently had a major computer crash and lost my soundforge 8 program. I use it as a "tool" when mixing in Sonar, and I really liked it. I am looking for an old, "open box" program that I can purchase and reload on my new machine, hopefully with the cd architect included.

I know the new versions probably have better and more bells and whistles, but I am an old guy, I really don't want to learn a new program, and definitely do not want to spend five hundred dollars on a program I use only part time.

And, I know this is my own fault, I promise to do a back up as soon as I get it installed.

Any help appreciated.

Later
Albert

I work with SF 9.0 quite a lot. I work with it less than I do Auria and my iPad. But SF is great for fixing tracks or clearing up a mix. It's great for reading a mix in two tracks. It's great for experimenting with mastering of two track mixes. Fx provided aren't much. Surely SONY could do better. But I'm happy with SF 9.0. I even mixed in SF 9.0 back before I started on iPad and Auria. I'll use Sound Forge for a long time. It's essential to me.

The problem I have with SF 8 is it won't work with Win 7. I have an old XP machine, and I have to port my projects to it to use Sound Forge and then port back into my DAW. For the few features I use, it's not worth the $200 upgrade path.

SF 9.0 works fine on Windows 7. I never tried it on 8.1 or W10. I don't intend to either. My w7 machine is good enough.

Back