Thread: SoundForge 8

Thanks

SoundForge 8

Sign in to disable this ad
    Recently had a major computer crash and lost my soundforge 8 program. I use it as a "tool" when mixing in Sonar, and I really liked it. I am looking for an old, "open box" program that I can purchase and reload on my new machine, hopefully with the cd architect included.

I know the new versions probably have better and more bells and whistles, but I am an old guy, I really don't want to learn a new program, and definitely do not want to spend five hundred dollars on a program I use only part time.

And, I know this is my own fault, I promise to do a back up as soon as I get it installed.

Any help appreciated.

Later
    Albert

Thanks
    I have the application but I'm not sure what is included (not familiar with the 'cd architect' feature). I can send you the file to reinstall, assuming you have the required serial/registration info needed. PM me if you still need it.
    The Boogeymen
    www.the-boogeymen.com

Thanks
    If you registered, you can find downloads on their website. Go to your account and sign in. You can download your software. Go to:
    Sony Creative Software - Vegas video - ACID & Sound Forge audio editing
    Hover My Account, then click My Software. Log in and you can download again. Using someone else's will not work as the licenses will not match the serial numbers.

Thanks
    The problem I have with SF 8 is it won't work with Win 7. I have an old XP machine, and I have to port my projects to it to use Sound Forge and then port back into my DAW. For the few features I use, it's not worth the $200 upgrade path.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GamblersChoice View Post
    Recently had a major computer crash and lost my soundforge 8 program. I use it as a "tool" when mixing in Sonar, and I really liked it. I am looking for an old, "open box" program that I can purchase and reload on my new machine, hopefully with the cd architect included.

I know the new versions probably have better and more bells and whistles, but I am an old guy, I really don't want to learn a new program, and definitely do not want to spend five hundred dollars on a program I use only part time.

And, I know this is my own fault, I promise to do a back up as soon as I get it installed.

Any help appreciated.

Later
    Albert
    I work with SF 9.0 quite a lot. I work with it less than I do Auria and my iPad. But SF is great for fixing tracks or clearing up a mix. It's great for reading a mix in two tracks. It's great for experimenting with mastering of two track mixes. Fx provided aren't much. Surely SONY could do better. But I'm happy with SF 9.0. I even mixed in SF 9.0 back before I started on iPad and Auria. I'll use Sound Forge for a long time. It's essential to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BroKen_H View Post
    The problem I have with SF 8 is it won't work with Win 7. I have an old XP machine, and I have to port my projects to it to use Sound Forge and then port back into my DAW. For the few features I use, it's not worth the $200 upgrade path.
    SF 9.0 works fine on Windows 7. I never tried it on 8.1 or W10. I don't intend to either. My w7 machine is good enough.

Thread Information