Soundforge 10 + Win 7 x64 Updates = Fail?

Pinky

and The Brain...
I just noticed something recently changed and has caused many of the Soundforge 10 processes (EQ, chorus for example) to stop working within the program. I click them, nothing happens. I've done a full reinstall (including registry entry removal). Other items like Normalization, etc work. This may have been a problem for a while, as I rarely use Soundforge for EQ or other effects, and the things that I typically use still work. Just wondering if anyone else has seen a (sudden?) loss in Soundforge 10 functionality, maybe as a result of a Windows update?

I tried Audacity, and I don't like it. There's simple tasks I can't do, and my other plugins won't work in it unless I move them all to the Audacity plugins folder (not sure how that would impact my Waves plugins). Open to suggestions for another editing tool, I realize someday I'd have to leave Soundforge behind anyway since they've stop releasing updates/supporting it.

Found a new copy of SF 11 Pro on eBay, so we'll see if that helps. Looks like SF is still being distributed/supported. Not sure why I thought otherwise.

**Yup, SF11 works fine. Must have been a windows update causing issues with SF10.

Last edited:
Back