Sound Forge XP - plug ins?

BigKahuna

Maybe I'm just a numbskull ... but I can only find this regarding plug in config in the online help ...
>
Plug-in Properties
This dialog displays properties about the selected plug-in. If you want to remove the plug-in, click the Remove button. However, you should always run the uninstall program for the plug-ins if you wish to remove them.
Copyright ©1998 Sonic Foundry, Inc.
>

I can't find any pull downs for plug ins in XP ... does this program support them? I must be missing it somewhere.
I'm trying to install the Mic Modeler plug in that CMiller talks about in this post:
https://homerecording.com/ubb/Forum27/HTML/000261.html

Please tell me if you know how to install it.
Thanks!

Sorry BigKahuna, sound forge XP is just a soft version of the whole program, but it is still useful. It cannot use pluginns ,but you can effect them with the onbaord effects it cames with, which I'm sure you know.You have to get 4.0 or higher.Even the higher versions cant change the perameters of the pluggins. So ifs effecting and multi tracking you want try Vegas. Its kick ass!
Phathead

Yeah ... I kinda figured I was SOL on this deal. XP was a real good starting point for a guy who didn't know crap about computer recording. I'm thinking of upgrading to the full SF 4.5 ... because at least I *feel* like I knowa little more. Whether or not I really do is another story. :)
Vegas looks like good software, but I'm running ADAT format, which is working pretty well. I plan to use the computer just for mixdown/mastering ... so more than 2 tracks are not needed.
Thanks for the reply!

Back