Sound Forge users! I need help with 4.5 xp

djjonblade

I use acid and I am not really familiar with sound forge, but how do i combine tracks like on acid? (if at all possible)

Hi there,

Sound Forge is not really set up as a multi-track system. The easiest way to do it is to open a new project/window/something to stick your mix into. Copy the first of your tracks and paste it into the new window. Then copy the next track and do a paste special. There is a mix tool that allows you to set relative dB levels/phases of the two tracks. A few things to keep in mind ...

1. Clipping (which you will notice pretty quickly)

2. Mixing of more than two tracks may take some experimenting to make sure you get the right balance (i.e if you mix the first two tracks at 50% level to avoid clipping and then do the same for the next track, then you'll effectively be mixing the 1st two tracks at 25% level and the 3rd one at 50% level ... make sense)

Cheers
Stephen

PS .. Vegas is available now for beta testing and it's pretty much Sound Forge with multi-track capability.

YEP!

However, depending on the style of music you're writing, you may like what Vegas has to offer. Sonic Foundry has it available for beta testing on their site.

Cheers
Stephen

I got vegas, but dont like to much, its seems at first glance a little more complicated than I want! All the video stuff etc. What I do like about it though is the DX pluggin support, although I dont know how to really use them yet! peace Aussie

Back