Sound Forge audio editor 6.0 vs. Sound FOrge studio 6.0

Chammy

What do you all think of maybe,Sound Forge digital audio editor 6.0 from Sonic Foundry?What would be the difference in that program between Sonic Foundrys Sound Forge Studio 6.0?What are the differences?For recording and editing?

Chammy said:
What do you all think of maybe,Sound Forge digital audio editor 6.0 from Sonic Foundry?What would be the difference in that program between Sonic Foundrys Sound Forge Studio 6.0?What are the differences?For recording and editing?

Biggest difference, no 24 bit/96 to 192khz capability, and batch converter. everything is cut back, no multiband dynamics or sphynter anal-icer etc... Its not a serious editor, get the full up version and not the studio version or get some other editor like wave lab.
I bought the studio version..once...
IMO

SoMm

How about the comparison between wavelab4.0 and soundforge 6.0?

ive been using soundforge(5x) forever, but have been thinking about taking a look at wavelab instead of upgrading to SF6.. a really good mastering house i know of swears that WL4 is a way better product than the soundforge product line... anybody have any fact based (other than the higer price tag) arguments for why i should go with wavelab instead of soundforge. id live to hear some feedback along these lines..

thanks,
alex

I used to use WaveLab 3.0 - limited use though. The first time I tried SoundForge, I switched immediately. Basically the same editing features as far as I can tell, but SoundForge was so damned intuitive compared to WL for me. I was cracking the manual often with WL, rarely with SF.

Either one will do the job. If you can get a demo of both, try comparing them that way. I think it comes down to which UI you are more comfortable with.

Brad

Brad said:
.......Either one will do the job. If you can get a demo of both, try comparing them that way. I think it comes down to which UI you are more comfortable with....

I agree with Brad. :cool:

Back