Sony Acid Pro 7.1 and Yamaha MW10C

Ludolf

Hi all

I'm new to posting on this forum but have been tracking it for quite a while and finally need a bit of help as I'm a relative novice to home recording.

I have recently been given a MW10C as a present and it ships with Cubase AI 5.1. I normally use Sony Acid Pro so having tried with Cubase I have also then tried with Acid. I haven't set up the multi track recording with Acid before but looked up input busses and went through set up for that.

I have linked the mixer to the computer OK. I am using a spare notebook with windows xp and a built in Realtec sound card to keep the set up discrete from work notebooks etc.

I want to set up multi track recording so that I can record a local band with each port on the mixer mapping to a Audio Track in Acid. i.e. guitar 1, mike 1, guitar 2 etc simultaneously. I have set up the default devices to the USB Audio Codec in Control Panel (See attached) but I can't seem to see anything other than the MS Sound Mapper in the Preferences -> Audio Setup dialog.

When I try to map input buses to ports from the mixer I only see MS Sound Mapper.

I have set up one input bus and plugged the guitar into input 1 and managed to record from this input OK. I've then done the same for a second input individually.

I am wondering is I need other hardware (maybe a better sound card) to be able to map all tracks to inputs from the mixer.

I'd appreciate any advice you all could give. Thanks guys

Back