Some help required for recording with Acid Pro 7 and Guitar Rig 4.

DGChaos

I have Sony Acid Pro 7 and Guitar Rig 4. I'm currently using a BehringerUCG102 Guitar Interface.

When I open up guitar rig and use the effects normally with my interface, it works pretty well. No problems there.

But when try to record, there's some trouble.
In Sony Acid, I tried using the Guitar Rig 4 vst. Under "audio device" in the Sony Acid preferences, it says Behringer USB so I get the output from the interface.

Even though the stuff sounds great with Guitar Rig 4 alone, it sounds atrocious after I record it on Acid. On top of that, when I remove the plug-in, even the clean sounds are pretty distorted. After tweaking around with line 1/2 in/out I can get decent clean sounds but then there's always a high frequency sound at the back.

Hence, I'd like to know if there's any way I could record WITH the effects. The effects have to be part of the track and should work even without the plug-in. That is, I just want the sweet sounds I hear on my headphones via Guitar Rig 4 and my interface as one complete Acid track.

Any ideas? Thanks for your patience.

Sounds like it might possibly be a sample rate mismatch. Is there any way to select the sample rate on the interface? Make sure it matches the settings of the project, but also (and more importantly) the settings of the driver on your PC.

Alternatively, you could try changing the setting only on the interface, until it sounds okay on the PC (if you don't know how to change the driver's sample rate).

Hope this helps!

Back